Idea Details

CA LDAP Server more useful informational messages

Last activity 02-14-2018 09:05 AM
TOBIAS GAULKE's profile image
03-16-2017 10:45 AM

Hallo Community

We use CA-LDAP server to remotely access and manage our ACF2 database.We mostly only add and delete logonids to or from ACF2 ROLE records.

When you add/modify/delete a logonid entry there is an option to configure messages that log which logonid is affected:

slapd.conf:
    preAddLidMessage   "ACF2_LDAP preAdd for LogonID %s"
    postAddLidMessage  "ACF2_LDAP postAdd for LogonID %s"
    preModLidMessage   "ACF2_LDAP preMod for LogonID %s"

We have a high need to enable similar messages for X-ROL-objects in the acf2admingrp=XREF branch.

E.g. when CA LDAP adds a user to ACF2 ROLE named "DEVUSERS" you would see a message like

ACF_LDAP Added user IBMUSER to role DEVUSERS

When there is a change on the IncludedRoles or ExcludedRoles field we would like to see messages like the ones for the logonid changes.

Comments

02-14-2018 09:05 AM

Also waiting for a answer.  

This request should be realized as soon as possible. This information is needed for our daily business.

Thanks

Jürg Keller

10-04-2017 07:17 AM

No update here for since a long time. Communication has been abandoned after a few mails back in March.
Is there any new status on this?

03-27-2017 12:54 AM

Thanks for your support.

Markus

03-20-2017 11:12 AM

Hi Mitch

I'd be 100% ready to support you in this little project.

I will send you an email right away.

03-17-2017 02:24 PM

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion and those who have voted on the idea.  This appears to be a feature that can be implemented in the CA LDAP Server r15.1 via PTF.

If there is anyone that will commit to work with me to review the desired functionality and then later test and verify the enhancement in the latest release, please contact me. 

Thank you,

Mitchell Rozonkiewiecz

MF Security & Compliance Engineering

Sr Principal Software Engineer/Team Architect

CA Technologies | 3333 Warrenville Drive | Lisle, IL 60532

Office: +1 630 505 6804 | Mitchell.Rozonkiewiecz@ca.com