Idea Details

Automatic filtering of Entity/Workset in Attribute View selection to only those containing matching

Last activity 07-25-2016 05:58 PM
Daniel Stratton's profile image
10-01-2014 05:40 PM

When working with Action Diagramming, often I'll be looking to choose an Attribute View as the target of a SET, or a function for a parameter, or some other detail.

As it currently stands, I get presented with every declared entity/subtype/workset in the Action Diagram.  However, if I'm trying to do a SET of a timestamp, for instance, only a few of my declared entities/subtypes/worksets will actually contain a timestamp, yet I still get the full list.

Ideally, I'd like to have some automatic filtering of the entity/subtype/workset list presented to me to only present me with those that contain an attribute matching the domain of what I'm being asked for.

For example:

SET out basic_types timestamp TO <Attribute View>

In this case, if I have 10 views declared, but only 2 with a timestamp attribute, I'd like to be presented with the list of only those 2 views, rather than the list of 10.  Similarly, a concat function call shouldn't present me with views that contain only numeric, etc.

Comments

07-25-2016 05:58 PM

Delivered with Gen 8.6

10-02-2015 04:00 PM

As part of the project to add filters to list dialogs in the Windows toolset, this functionality is going to be worked.  The state has been changed from New to Currently Planned.