Idea Details

Supporting NCM on SDC

Last activity 05-31-2019 01:59 AM
Anon Anon's profile image
09-02-2013 11:12 PM

In a MSP world and with growing demand of private cloud in various enterprises, there is a very good chance that various customers do segrehate their one environment from another so call customer POD (customers own private Zones). Its also possible that customers do have overlapping IP addresses from 1 zone to another. We are one such organization. I have been pitching this idea for a while but have not gone anywhere but let me try to post it here -

We use NCM (good product) - drawback (do not work over SDM-SDC combination), reason NCM is not supported to collect configuration data over SDC. It would be great if this can be added as a product enhancement, i have requested this in past but was dropped, but i seriously feel with growing needs of customer private zones (POD"S) in various organizations if some of the featiures of Spectrum (like NCM) does not work on SDC then customers would need to go for alternate options. Idea here is to support 3 Tier architecture for monitoring and network configuration management. Please contact me for further details, if you think this idea can be good and many people would find benefit in it.

Comments

04-13-2016 07:40 AM

Hi nikhilmehra,

This idea is duplicate of Improvement for Spectrum Secure Domain Connector / NCM. Since we already tracking this item with the other one I will close this one as duplicate.

Thanks,

Nagesh 

04-16-2015 05:49 AM

very important topic by several customers!