Idea Details

Save Column Settings - all properties

Last activity 03-01-2019 11:10 PM
ICS Supportteam's profile image
11-29-2013 05:25 AM

In CAPC you can save the order/placement of the columns left to right for tables.
Other table properties are not saved like sort criteria, width of columns and max
lines per page.

All table properties should be saved as the "save column settings" pretends.

Comments

03-01-2019 11:10 PM

It's now 2019 and I've just updated to version 3.6.4, in order to patch the issue where column configuration was not saving correctly. I'm disappointed to find that saving the column width is still not a feature.

What exactly does "Wish-Listed" status mean and is it likely that we will see this feature in the future? Can this issue be rectified via CSS as a workaround?

Thanks,

M

09-27-2017 10:12 AM

We will be placing this idea on the wish-list but the team will continue to look at ways to advance this general requirement. The work to save column widths is extensive and I've asked the team to look at better dynamic sizing algorithms to help with layout of table grids.

05-11-2017 05:55 AM

In 2015 first improvements have been build into release 2.6 and Kathy said "We are planning to upgrade EXTJS in a future release that may provide us with additional options to consider this."

How is the status of this plan? Will we see the requested features soon?

Martin

04-07-2016 05:25 AM

Also our customer requires the same functionality, so that we can save sorting and column-width (we use 2.7 release).

12-18-2015 06:05 AM

Kathy wrote

"This was partially delivered in the 2.6 release.  Saving width specifications was not included due to technical limitations.

We are planning to upgrade EXTJS in a future release that may provide us with additional options to consider this."

That's good news. Our customer pointed out that two functions would be especially helpful for him:

1) Sorting

2) Column Width

In 2.6 both settings get lost and need to be configured again and again which is very user unfirendly.

Martin