Idea Details

Allow Option To Remount Agent Through CLW

Last activity 05-31-2019 02:03 AM
paimon.soror's profile image
08-11-2016 08:37 AM

Looks like this was an option that was supported in earlier versions of the CLWorkstation, but doesn't seem to be available with later versions of APM (10.0+).

This would be a great feature-re-add as it would allow us to provide a self-service like tool for our end users who would like to remount their agents that haven't reported in for some time (think: batch jobs).

Right now the only way we are able to facilitate this is through administrator intervention to re-mount the agents for the end user.

Comments

08-23-2016 10:53 AM

Hi David,

Looks like you got it working, but not sure why you are getting that error....I will try to reproduce it and get back to you once I'm back from vacation

Omar

08-23-2016 10:50 AM

Hi Paimon,

make sure you have added the extension to ALL your collectors and MOM...Once this is done, the command would be recognized and executed

if you encounter any problems let me know and as soon as I'm back from vacation, I'll take a look at it

Omar

08-17-2016 12:17 PM

I've got it installed on a 10.2 standalone EM and the command is recognized:

Admittedly it's throwing a few errors but it still works.

C:\Program Files\CA APM\Introscope10.2.0.34\lib>java -cp . -jar CLWorkstation.ja
r mount agents matching .*
com.wily.util.exception.UnexpectedExceptionError: java.lang.NullPointerException

com.wily.util.exception.UnexpectedExceptionError: java.lang.NullPointerException

Executing MountAgent Command.....looking for agents matching .*

matched Agent = "Custom Metric Host (Virtual)|Custom Metric Process (Virtual)|Cu
stom Metric Agent (Virtual)" trying to mount....... mounted Successfully

matched Agent = "myhost|tc7|Tomcat Agent" trying to mount....... mounted Su
ccessfully

matched Agent = "myhost|Tomcat|MathClient" trying to mount....... mounted S
uccessfully

Main question would be, if it's being used in a cluster, are you running CLW local to the /product/enterprisemanager/plugins where the com.wily.field.clw_1.0.0.jar file was updated ? If this extra file was put on a collector but the command is run on the MOM, the MOM version of CLW won't know about the command.

Apart from that, I'd check file permissions of the new file in case they don't match all other original plugin files..

08-17-2016 11:23 AM

Hi Paimon:

Sorry to hear that. Lynn_Williams, do you have any suggestions or next steps on the field pack?

Thanks

Hal German

08-17-2016 09:52 AM

So I hate to report this, but looks like the fieldpack doesn't work.  Tried against v10.1 without luck.

[secret@secretci0130 lib]$ java -Dintroscope.clw.tt.console=true -Duser=secretuser -Dpassword=secretpass -jar CLWorkstation.jar mount agents matching .*secretci0113.*

Invalid command: mount agents matching .*secretci0113.*

Placed the fieldpack library out to the EM as described in the readme, restarted, and no luck

08-15-2016 06:26 PM

Hi Paimon,

Mount/unmount agent is a basic function on the EM which has not changed across versions so the Field Pack is still valid.

Hope that helps

Lynn

08-15-2016 10:53 AM

Hmm, if it was written in 2009 does that mean it was written for <10.0 versions of APM?  I ask only because my management will most likely scrutinize using a FP/Library that was not developed or reviewed for use with the latest versions of APM (10.0+)

08-14-2016 08:59 PM

Hi Paimon,

The Field Pack was written by Omar ocaom01 back in 2009

I know it works successfully for customers I have given it to.

Regards,

Lynn

08-12-2016 12:13 PM

Thanks for this Lynn.  I will give this a shot and see how it fares.  Unfortunately I am a bit hesitant to expose Field Packs for general use due to a few times we got burned in the past .  Has there been any testing done on this FP so that I can go in with some confidence?

08-11-2016 06:21 PM

There is Field Pack for CLW agent mount/unmount.

Not sure if it is already located on the Community but I just uploaded here:

CLW_Field_Pack_mount_unmount.zip

08-11-2016 02:46 PM

this was supported in a past version but no longer available in 10.0+.

The ability to re-mount APM agents without launching APM at the command line should have been retained .

Hope this can be an easy adjustment.