Idea Details

Comment for Jil changes

Last activity 06-20-2019 11:56 AM
Keith Maconi's profile image
11-16-2018 11:01 AM

When issuing a sendevent command, users can add a comment ( -C ) to include details such as the request id or any other data they might want to use for later auditing purposes.

What I would like to see is the same capability with jil insert/update/delete operations, where a comment could be added to the audit data.  This would allow users to indicate the change or request id number which would make audits significantly easier to complete.

For example:

insert_job: demo job_type: box comment: SR-0232
autotrack -j demo -v
kmaconi@paxrhauto1.jallc.lan
11/16/2018 10:39:07
CAUAJM_I_50191 Job definition change.

insert_job: demo
  job_type: BOX
  alarm_if_fail: 1
  owner: "kmaconi@paxrhauto1.jallc.lan"
  comment: "SR-0232"

Comments

06-20-2019 11:55 AM

​Please do this ASAP, the comment available in autotrack.

11-28-2018 09:27 AM

Hi,

Perhaps I was not clear enough.  Yes, the comment is not recorded in the job definition but is simply passed along with auditing for use with autotrack.

Thanks,

Keith

11-27-2018 06:18 PM

I'd rather pass a comment to autotrack, not to the job attribute.

11-16-2018 11:06 AM

Use the description field.

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.