Idea Details

Mobile App Suggestion

Last activity 03-17-2017 10:20 AM
perbr08's profile image
08-08-2016 12:41 PM

A client had the following suggestion:

"When incidents and requests are submitted they are associated with the user’s locations and the location should have GPS Latitude and Longitude. With location services enabled on the mobile device you should be able to set a geo-location fence around a location and when the device enters the location it will send push notifications of the actions incidents and requests. This could also be expanded to include altitude so when you enter a floor of a multistory building it could do the same."

Comments

03-17-2017 10:20 AM

Thank you for submitting this idea. The product team has reviewed this idea and determined that it is not in line

with the direction of the product and will not be implemented. CA must balance community input with strategic
direction and market conditions, and so not all community ideas can be implemented. We greatly value your
contributions to our community and are committed to continued engagement with you to improve our
products.

03-15-2017 03:31 AM

GPS chips do all handle altitude however good luck to have a enough strong GPS signal inside your building for this.

Modern smartphone use a combination of GPS, WIFI and  to do triangulation for more accurate location when GPS signal is poor. this work well but again will not catch altitude I that case as you can't determine using triangulation

Back to the initial idea, I don't see much business value for such functionality. May either generate confusion as you mostly not creating a ticket for the specific location of your mobile device.

Just my opinion

/J

12-06-2016 02:57 PM

Well, I don't know if modern GPS's smartphones have the ability to catch the current altitude... I think it got only latitude and longitude...