Idea Details

Planned Downtime View: Page style to easily browse huge amount of entries

Last activity 12-17-2016 10:02 AM
christianelgass's profile image
04-11-2013 04:49 AM

@

There was a problem that no entries are shown in the Planned Downtime View in OneClick, if there were too many entries. We received a Hot Fix which lists at least entries up to a number of 60k. If there are more then 60k Planned Downtimes configured, customer has no chance to view or edit them.

In the case that the entries in the Planned Downtime View in OneClick will grow to a larger amount (over 60k), it would be nice to have a page style view like in the "element view".
For example: Page 1 with the first 1k elements, Page 2 with the next 1k elements and so on. The number on entries should be configurable in the OneClick Options.

Comments

01-14-2016 04:39 PM

Planned Downtime is designed to cover gaps in reports for certain devices or groups of devices that will be down for a planned period of time, presumably for 'maintenance.' If you have over 60k elements that will be unpollable, it sounds like your entire polled configuration will be down. In that case, all reports will show the same gap, and there will be no question as to why. You could just stop the statistics poller if worried about unnecessary network overhead.

I'm questioning and looking for more details behind the use case for this one.

Thanks.

10-26-2015 08:55 AM

I don't know what actions the customer want to perform, but if there are more than 60k elements in the planned downtime list, they are not visible because of this limitation.

09-11-2015 04:11 PM

Thanks for the idea. I'd like to better understand how you implement Planned Downtime.  For example, what action are you trying to perform on this list of elements?  Are you trying to mass-modify the planned downtime for the entire configuration at once? How many elements are you trying to view in Planned Downtime view?  Please provide an example with screen shot if you can.

Thanks,

Margaret, eHealth PM