Idea Details

Filter box for the Spectrum Interfaces tab

Last activity 05-31-2019 02:02 AM
Marco Russo's profile image
10-23-2014 10:17 AM

Hi,

if you have to model connections manualy, with growing interface counts on the devices although they're some kind of sorted it can be a hassle to find the specific interface you want to start a connection on or connect another interface with.

It would help to have a filterbox in the top on the interfaces tab, to filter for the specific interface you're searching for. So you'd be able to filter for "2/1" and the interface list would only show interfaces containing that string. No more scrolling through the interface list would be needed.

Comments

12-18-2016 01:30 PM

Dear Spectrum Community Users,

This idea is a delivered with CA Spectrum 10.2 release. 

Thanks,

Nagesh 

07-29-2016 05:48 AM

With the latest update for the Chassis-features on Juniper devices this feature becomes even more important. On our big MX960 devices it can take a huge amount of time for our users to find a particular interface somewhere hidden under a big pile of FPC and PIC module models.

07-12-2016 01:08 AM

Hi jguth,

The search in only based in the interface name as of today.

Thanks,

Nagesh

07-11-2016 11:38 AM

Hi Nagesh,

To clarify the search method...is the search string based on any column that is currently being displayed like all other OneClick searches? Example, can I filter on a string within the ifAlias if needed, or is the search only based on the interface name?

Thanks!

07-08-2016 06:51 AM

Hello raphael.franck,

Your point is very well taken Sir . But you must have observed that from past couple of releases we are always including more than handful of Community Ideas into our releases. And we will continue to do so in future also.

As per our legal guidelines we cant mention the release numbers and dates. But to answer your question you will have this feature in the release which in tentatively planned by end of this calendar year.

Thanks,

Nagesh

07-08-2016 05:49 AM

Hi Nagesh, all,

good to see change in how CA is listening to the users/customers - at least sometimes. Why I'm saying that? Because exactly this feature was requested by me something like 7 years ago. Although being a minor thing involving really little planning and coding effort, it got declined like many others. By the way, the same happened to my historic idea of having a "not" switch within the list view filter boxes, which got implemented as "show/hide" feature a few years later.

So again, I'm happy to see these positive steps.

Which release will be the one to contain this feature, 10.2?

regards,

Raphael

07-05-2016 01:02 AM

Hi mgrusso,

Yes. The parent interfaces will auto expand the moment you enter the search window.

Thanks,

Nagesh

07-05-2016 01:00 AM

Hi GAuge,

mgrusso already answered the first question. For the second question: you cannot do regular expression search. You can search based on model name full or partial.

Thanks,

Nagesh

07-04-2016 04:26 AM

Hi Nagesh,

thanks for the feedbeack.

I understand the difference in the views and therefore it's absolutely fine for me if this feature will find it's way in the product as it has been shown. This will help a lot to quickly find the interface one is searching for.

One further question: Will the parents interfaces auto expand if an interface is found as a branch, or will we need to manually expand the interface in the tree view? I would definitely prefer auto expansion, so that the correct (sub)interface will be highlighted within the view.

Best regards

Marco

07-04-2016 04:23 AM

Hi Gunnar,

as far as i understood, regarding question 1:
If more than one interface is matching the search criteria, you will be able to hit the "next" button next to the search box to hop to the next match and highlight it.

Regards

Marco

07-04-2016 04:14 AM

Hi Nagesh,

very good to see progress on this topic. It looks good.

I also thought it would be good to only see the matching interfaces. But I understand your point with the list.

The Major Topic for us is to find the matching Interfaces easily without looking through the list of all Interfaces manually.

For the given example I have two questions.

What happens if more than one Interface matches the search pattern? In the example I see only one match for "Po1" although more than one should be shown.

And another question belongs to the search itself. Is a seach by regular expression possible?

All in all good Progress. I'm interested to see it in an upcoming release quickly.

Greetings,

Gunnar

07-02-2016 12:50 PM

Hello mgrusso and Justin_Kulikowski,

We understand your feedback. And the reason for our implementation in this way is because interfaces view is not a list view, it’s a tree view and parent also needs to be shown for the interface.

Now unless we change the base view from tree view to list view the feedback is not feasible to incorporate.

Hope this explains sufficient reasoning for our implementation . At the same time also meets the expectation of this idea.

Let me know if you further questions or clarification required.

Thanks,

Nagesh

07-02-2016 02:25 AM

Hello mgrusso, Justin_Kulikowski,

Thanks for your quick response and feedback. We will review the same get back.

Thanks,

Nagesh

07-01-2016 11:29 AM

Would it be better to follow the same "Show/Hide" filter textbox convention used throughout the rest of OneClick?

07-01-2016 09:09 AM

Hi Nagesh,

good to see development on this idea.

This is definitely a step in the right direction. My initial intention was to have only those interfaces matching the search criteria shown in the interfaces list view, until the list is manually refreshed. But being able to search for interfaces and  highlight them as shown in the screenshot will also help a lot with big interface tables.

Thanks and regards

Marco

07-01-2016 09:02 AM

Dear Spectrum Community Users,

Sharing snapshot of the development under progress. In Component Details -> Interface tab you can now search for interfaces and same gets highlighted. You can hot the Next button to go to the next search.

Please review and provide your feedback. For any additional questions/queries feel free to email me at Nagesh.Jaiswal@ca.com.

Thanks,

Nagesh

06-19-2015 02:57 AM

Thanks, i'm glad to hear that

06-18-2015 01:22 PM

Good news….

De: jaina01

Enviado el: jueves, 18 de junio de 2015 12:17 p. m.

Para: José Gutiérrez Basurto

Asunto: Re:  - Filter box for the Spectrum Interfaces tab

CA Communities <https://communities.ca.com/?et=watches.email.idea_comment>

Filter box for the Spectrum Interfaces tab

new comment by NAGESH JAISWAL<https://communities.ca.com/people/jaina01> View all comments on this idea<https://communities.ca.com/ideas/235715993#comment-233913627>

06-18-2015 01:16 PM

Folks,

This idea is lined up and planned for future releases of CA Spectrum.

Thanks,

Nagesh

03-28-2015 05:31 AM

Thanks for posting the idea for CA Spectrum. We are currently reviewing this idea. We will get back on this soon.

Thanks,

Nagesh

03-19-2015 09:19 AM

02-24-2015 02:28 AM

I would prefer an implicit expand, so that the filter would apply to the complete interface table.

02-23-2015 05:37 AM

Dear all,

this is a great idea - especially with focus to truly big devices - the interface table under Component Details could become very big. Allow me to add a technical detail for this: As the filter works on the shown list - will it then makes sense - when entering a "searchcriteria" will first do a "Expand all interfaces" action?

Searching then - i.e. for a substring of a logical interface below the physical interface - could show many of i.e. VLAN's .. should then the interface hierarchy still be part of the list? Or should the "Expand all interfaces" should be a user-action before searching .. and the shown list of IF's is then just the list of matching entries. I would expect target is to minize the number of shown IF's - thus is should just filter for "match" - and ignore the "collapsed" IF lines/entries.

Regards, Joerg

10-31-2014 03:18 PM

yes, today I thought that there is already a search field, but I was wrong.

Good to see that others already filed this idea. ..  I second that.

10-31-2014 12:45 PM

Hi,

It would be great have this funcionality, because in Switches that have many interfaces, find some specific interface maybe hard. So If we can put a filter to show some interfaces will be great.