Idea Details

HTML Box View

Last activity 05-31-2019 01:53 AM
ca.portal.admin's profile image
03-22-2012 05:10 AM

To go along with my [url=https://communities.ca.com/web/ca-netqos-global-user-community/message-board/-/message_boards/message/14533406]post about inserting custom content into npc[/url], i'd like to request an enhancement. It would be nice if there were a text box view. Similar to the browser view except that when i edit the view, instead of prompting for a url of an existing page, let me insert html or rich text that would be displayed in the view. It would be nice if it could do html so that i could have hyperlinks, images, etc. It would be nice if i could attach files to the view so that i could even make links in the text to files attached to the view. Then i could really build some custom content that includes information on who to contact when a particular page needs to be modified/enhanced, who to contact for user issues, how to download the [url=https://communities.ca.com/web/ca-netqos-global-user-community/message-board/-/message_boards/message/14065182]desktop gadget[/url], etc.

Originally Posted by: Stuart Weenig on April 21, 2011

Comments

09-14-2015 12:08 PM

jason_normandin we were just speaking about this concept the other day - looks like was submitted but didn't get the votes to make a priority - to the members of the community - now that we've made more progress with CAPM/CAPC we would be interested if other users would value this idea that we would add to views an 'Additional Info' view that you could hide/show that would provide a place to add notes (text) insert links, html, maybe even your own data from OpenAPI

10-09-2014 11:30 AM

Yeah, that isn't a valid workaround since that relies on having a separate web service to host the data. I'm asking for the ability to store the rich content right in the view definition.

03-14-2013 12:36 PM

the workaround is to assemble HTML with everything you want and point the browser view to it