Idea Details

Get version and build information for ESP Agents

Last activity 21 days ago
vishalpund's profile image
01-10-2017 05:14 PM

It would be handy if any page mode command can provide list of all agents along with the ESP software version number and their build version. This way it will give a snapshot of what agent is running what version. Such reports can then be utilized to see if there are any outdated/back dated builds/versions. This will be helpful especially when you have hundreds/thousand of agents configured and want to know version information about each of them without manually logging and running cybagent -v command. I know AGENT - LIST would give such information for V11.3 but it will have lot more info than required. I think it would be helpful to have a report that would have columns such as agent name, ESP version number, build number, OS etc.

#espagent

#pagemodecommands

Comments

08-24-2018 02:41 PM

So, it seems like the command operand was not working, so it was removed from the documentation. I was looking at 11.3 PDF version, and support pointed me to the updated  docs. This is quite discouraging, since we were just going to implement AGENT MONITOR, but it has been withdrawn from the portal by CA. 
I'm left with no way to determine where aliases are defined, which can lead to invalid counts of agents, and no way to tell (with logic) is an agent is the hosting server agent, or an alias. This in turn makes it difficult to build a list of agents that need to be upgraded, especially since upgrading agents was something AGENT MONITOR would have excelled at.
This all seems silly, as it is important to be able to find all the agents and their aliases in a single command. The "AGENT - LIST" command should display the agents name AND the aliases for each agent.  

08-23-2018 11:24 AM

Thanks for validating Rick, I have opened a case "AGENT command does not seem to work as designed". 

08-23-2018 09:41 AM

" AGENT agentname LIST ALIASES, and see no difference in the output. "

Same holds true in my environment, I see no difference in the output.

08-20-2018 01:29 PM

Hi Rick, 
were you ever able to use the ALIASES operand to get the information about aliases? I have been trying unsuccessfully to get ALIAS and MSGS to display anything:

AGENT [agentname [LIST[MSGS|ALIASES]]
I have tried: AGENT agentname LIST ALIASES, and see no difference in the output. 

The same is true for: AGENT agentname LIST MSGS

BR Dave

07-13-2017 04:00 AM

Hello Rick,

Thank you so much for follow up and giving more clarification. We will review further and share our feedback.

Best regards,
Tatevik

07-07-2017 08:42 AM

While the information is available with the AGENT command, I think that the original poster was looking for a table output similar to ESPCOM.

Additionally what is missing is information for agent alias'.  When I do the AGENT command on 11.3 Agent Alias there is no version information provided.  There is also no affinity to the physical server, the only way I know how to connect the Agent Alias and the Agent for the physical server is to check on the physical server.  But that only work if the physical server is up.

As a workaround I added comments in the Agent Definition file when I am defining agents, but it would be nice if the product provided that information.

07-06-2017 05:07 PM

This is currently supported by ESP.

Sincerely,

Chirag