Idea Details

Add support for India Standard Time to CAPM

Last activity 08-21-2018 03:49 AM
Robert Kettles's profile image
06-20-2016 10:33 AM

IST (UTC+ 5:30) does not appear to be available for time zones in CAPC.  I'm trying to set up site groups for devices located in various locations and I can't seem to find this.  I've also tried looking under "Continent/City" but also not having luck there. 

Comments

08-21-2018 03:49 AM

I think that this idea should be expanded out to support all timezones. The reason for this is that I have been to customers in other countries where they do have timezones that don't fit. South Africa was a good example where they have timezones that are not quite lined up with the rest of Africa - in particular with daylight savings time.

I suppose that there were two ways of handling this:

• We do it in-product. This is what ended up with with eHealth where an old timezone file setup was imported and never updated for years.
  • We push the responsibility out to the OS level. This might be easier though you need to make sure that there is consistency with an outside dependency.

11-15-2017 02:01 PM

Being a 24x7 operation, we have a new support division in Bangalore. Adding this timezone (with the half hour) would make it far easier for them to visualize the graphs in their own local timezones, rather then having them take the time to shift the time frames in their heads.  The simpler their visualization are, the faster they can lookup data and provide relevant support.  This is a minor hassle so far.  However ,as we add quasi-technical people in management positions, it might grown in to a minor headache if we don't have this particular half-hour (major in our mind) timezone option.

11-15-2017 01:48 PM

This is a great idea and one we should support to help our users.