Idea Details

Enhance the Password controls in CA Capacity Management Applications

Last activity 07-21-2015 10:39 AM
Jim_Opre's profile image
10-22-2014 12:36 PM

The password controls in Data Manager and CCR need to be brought up to date with common password control policies.  Features such as:

- User account lockout feature shall disable the user account after three (3) unsuccessful login attempts

- Lockout should be permanenet until the system adminsitrator  reinstates the account

- Information systems shall routinely prompt users to change their passwords within 5-14 days before such passwords expire

-Users shall be prohibited from using their last six passwords.

- Provide an audit trail for logon and logoff attempts

Comments

07-21-2015 10:18 AM

I definitely support this idea - along with the notion of single-sign on and a common UI for all elements of the CA Capacity Management stack, role-base access control, integration with Active Directory / LDAP and other related topics.

It would be good to think that this will all become de facto as we port over to UMP for all UI aspects of the Capacity Management application stack, in addition to the reporting that is currently in beta.  By voting here, I hope that we can help bring that about.

Thanks for raising it explicitly as an idea of its own.

07-21-2015 10:04 AM

Hi - I've moved this idea from the CA Security Community to the CA Capacity Management Community.