Idea Details

Allow offline download of CA PAM Client

Last activity 06-03-2019 08:22 PM
Amit_Aharon's profile image
08-15-2016 01:55 AM

As some end users are not allowed to access the internet, can we have an offline option to download the CA PAM client and distribute it using CA PAM?
One option would be to have a host that is allowed to access the internet and download the CA PAM Client and then acts as a proxy for the internal users to get the latest CA PAM Client from.

Comments

06-04-2018 08:18 PM

Any plan on revisiting this idea?

06-04-2018 08:18 PM

I hope product management would reconsider this idea.

With this approach, customer do not need to separately configure for local distribution.

Customer also do not need to maintain the local web server with the installer binaries(they would need to continue adding the installer binaries each time there is a release).

This would not increase the footprint on PAM but would increase customer experience.

10-06-2016 03:18 PM

Hi @Amit_aharon - The current delivery mechanism allows you to create your own offline download and distribution.  This is not currently planned to change the distribution method.

Mike

08-18-2016 03:40 PM

Hi Amit_Aharon - Thank you for your submission.  This item is currently under review.

Mike

08-16-2016 03:27 AM

Hello Amit,

There is the possibility to put a local web server with CAPAM installer files into your LAN and point the CA PAM to this WebServer

Once user is launching the WebUI from the CA PAM and opt to download the Client they will receive it from the LAN rather than the internet.

I agree to your suggestion - it would be desirable to have some way to automate the download PAM client to this local web server - currently all has to be done by hand / with customer created scripts.

Regards,

Andreas

08-15-2016 08:16 AM

In General Setting we have a Distribution method which has two option ie Internet and Intranet, If we select intranet and put the CA PAM client on of the Web server and provide the Webserver path here  then I think this should work.

I have personally not tried it but its worth a try.

08-15-2016 01:59 AM

Good idea. voted.