Idea Details

CAPC to properly support displaying negative trend values

Last activity 05-31-2019 02:14 AM
Veronique Lefebure's profile image
04-06-2017 04:59 AM

We need to be able to display negative trend values (ex: NTP offset) . Some CAPC views do it correctly, but others don't (and the one we need to use does not work). Case has been open for this (00508688) which concluded that  "the whole functionality of negative values on trend charts has not been tested and it might or might not work on some pages now but

currently the functionality is not supported and will be an enhancement request" So, here is our enhancement request. Thanks. Veronique

Comments

08-11-2017 10:13 AM

Jason, How do we get this moved up in priority.

I have to believe many people want to look at light levels in fiber.

Ever major carrier and ISP has fiber. 

If you have fiber and you measure light you HAVE to see negative values.

The software I upgraded from Netvoyant had Negative values.

08-10-2017 03:57 PM

Veronique - Thanks for taking the time to explain your need!

Negative values are something we want to support more thoroughly in CAPC as we begin to support data that represents different technologies we are beginning to support (cable modem signal output, smart meters etc.). We are looking into allowing negative thresholds as well in scorecards and other views.

We will typically look to introduce support in specific out of the box views as needed and then expanding into custom view types to allow maximum flexibility.

I'm going to put this into our 'wish-list' category but if you could reply to this idea if there are specific views (custom or out of the box) that you think this would be needed most in? It's tough to approach this as "support it everywhere" as different view types would require different work and is work we want to target intelligently. 

Thanks again!

Jason

07-31-2017 09:39 AM

07-28-2017 04:27 PM

So, Negative trending?

04-11-2017 12:32 PM

I have been asking this for some time.

NTP, NTP drift etc... is a great reason.

I asked a few times about it because of light levels and temperature.

This sure seems like a very basic part of Networks where fiber is involved.

Part of the optics is DBm  -2DBm is a Common value , so is -40.

If have a common 0 line or just a simple trend line  it would need to plot and drift of these values.

I thought of several other reasons to have this.