Idea Details

Performance Management generic notification

Last activity 05-29-2019 10:54 PM
raphael.franck's profile image
10-17-2016 08:06 AM

Hello all,

I would suggest to add a generic command notification type to the Performance Management solution allowing for any command to be executed.

This way, it would be easy to setup any command/script we need to feed notifications to external systems (e.g. call a remote webservice). Surely there needs to be a way to configure variable data fields to be passed to the command.

Please check out the attached mockup picture.

Please vote!

thanks & regards,

Raphael

Comments

08-04-2017 12:26 PM

Point taken, Raphael.  I picked the other idea because it had more votes.

08-02-2017 03:38 AM

Hi stoma11,

looking at Scriptbased Alarmforwarding, seems you're right in these ideas being duplicate.

However, it's kind of weird to have an idea marked as duplicate after more than 7 months pointing to another idea which is close to 4 years old without having any real progress.

@all: please put your votes on the other idea as well - thanks.

regards,

Raphael

07-28-2017 03:49 PM

As Matthias mentioned, we have the Scriptbased Alarmforwarding idea, which is under review.  This idea seems like a duplicate.  Are there any finer points that not covered in the original idea?  If not, I'll mark this idea as a dup.

10-20-2016 05:20 AM

Great Idea. 

We are requesting an option to run a script when an Event is thrown, which was a famous option in eHealth Live Exception (our customer was using eH before CAPM). 

Having that option in eH, we used it to trigger a script for sending traps via TCP to any alarm management system or any other system where we need to process alarm data. 

We don't have this in CAPM and cannot use it currently.