Idea Details

DR Solution for IM.

Last activity 06-13-2019 10:09 AM
Anon Anon's profile image
09-24-2013 05:00 AM

Currently we don’t have a disaster recovery option in IM or any other alternate for the same.
In my current setup all tools belong to CA have an option of DR for emergency. But with IM we don’t have any option to maintain my monitoring if one location goes down.
I would love to see IM with this great option.

Comments

07-13-2017 11:48 AM

We delivered a site to site Disaster Recovery procedure in CA PM 3.1.  This procedure explains how to setup a recovery CAPM system at another location and periodically update it from the primary CAPM instance.  This is important for organizations that have a requirement to quickly re-establish monitoring at a recovery location, if a disaster strikes at the primary location.

High Availability is a related topic, but focuses on providing redundant or clustered services for all major CAPM components, so that there are no single points of failure or interruptions in functionality within a single CAPM instance.  We'll be delivering enhanced CAPM HA functionality over the next several releases. 

08-14-2015 05:09 AM

Hi Jason,

that sounds pretty promising!

rgds Steve

08-11-2015 02:51 PM

DR (Disaster Recovery) and HA (High Availability) are key initiatives we are evaluating in our future releases. We are focusing are approach based on the sub-systems/objectives of the data and user workflows.

1. Provide HA/DR for historical data already collected and analyzed - Provided via Vertica HA/DR processes documented (and called out in Steve's tech-tip above).

2. Provide HA/DR for data collection - Make sure we continue to COLLECT data if something goes wrong

3. Provide HA/DR for data aggregation/analytics - Make sure we continue to aggregate, analyze, and store data if something goes wrong

4. Provide HA/DR for the user interface/reports - Make sure users have alternate means to access reports/data if something goes wrong

As we continue to work through our approach we are happy to continue to share our progress on this strategy.

08-07-2015 05:28 AM

Hi all,

I successfully followed the following procedure...

tech tip - PM 2.0 - Disaster/Recovery setup and procedure

rgds Steve

07-31-2015 04:39 PM

Although I agree and supported this Idea. The main concern is that since we are moving away from the IM thick client, this functionality may be better requested for Admin Console. And I guarantee developers will look a lot quicker with Admin console on the title of future request. Just a quick tip, thanks

- Alberto

07-31-2015 03:49 AM

what did you say to them about this?

07-31-2015 12:05 AM

Agreed!

09-18-2014 07:59 AM

I have had few customers ask me about high availability/disaster recovery solution for IM.