Application discovery is a really useful functionality, however it lacks some basic functionalities that would enable a full dynamic automonitoring solution that dynamically adapts to server changes and can be traced and audited.
- Application discovery attributes should have a "create" and "last refreshed" timestamp columns on the database.
- Application discovery attributes can only be created and modified from the application discovery script.
- They cannot be unpublished from the application discovery script.
- Application discovery process cannot be easily audited
- Be able to trace from a centre point, when and which application scripts have been run for a certain robot
- Be able to identify from a centre point which robots are not running the application discovery scripts, or are being run with errors.