Idea Details

Improve IM environment export process

Last activity 06-03-2019 08:42 PM
ronro03's profile image
06-28-2016 03:11 AM

CA IM Management Console provide capability to export an existing IM environment.

Sometimes the export process fails without providing any valuable information.

In order to investigate the issue, it is required to be able to access the IM log (on JBoss, server.log).

Unfortunately, most of the time this is not possible because access to the remote server is not allowed (i.e production).

The idea is to improve export process to provide more descriptive information through CA IM Management Console.

Regards, Roberto

Comments

02-28-2018 09:56 AM

We are currently working on providing an advanced IM export which will allow you to select the objects you want to export.

Please refer to this idea:

Able to export, Modify individual IDM objects  

11-21-2017 03:46 AM

Hi Chen,

Yes. Some environments contains a lot of tasks/PXs/etc. and takes a lot of time to dump them out.

We have one environment that is not exportable.

The idea is to redesign the export process to select which components needs to be exported.

Often necessary to move PX from Staging to Production.

regards, Roberto

11-20-2017 12:16 PM

Hi,

This happened to me several times before and was always due to time out, the reason for time out in my cases was because the environment XML was over 20MB. after a couple of tries and eventually succeeded - not best solution, very frustrating but eventually works. Is that what you see as well?

11-15-2017 09:18 AM

Hi,

I see that the Idea is now "under review".

Some customer asked me if we can provide at minimum xml policy xpress export to help moving PX towards environments. Any ETA ?

12-29-2016 06:11 AM

To further improve the export process, the xml elements should be sorted. This will enable text file comparison between 2 environment files.

11-11-2016 06:16 AM

Hi, any news ?