Product Download Page Needs to be more user friendly
I note a few user frustrations using the Product Download Page for DE Workload Automation,
- It defaults to 11.3 version and not the latest version, so I have to keep changing it up to 12 or 12.2. Very frustrating and can lead to downloading and installing an old version. Not desirable.
- On FTP download or into Cart, the items are placed there as an Order Number, no details to the product within it.
- No mapping of Order Number to Product, so can't even trace it back.
- No document to indicate what the products are. Differences between System Agent and other Agent downloads.
- No mention of what the acronyms mean FOC? I can only assume this is "Free of Charge" then. Or other abbreviations?
- Many of the ISO downloaded are the same across different named products, therefore are we being charged for the same product, just different name? Yes that may be ok from a Corporate perspective, but if's one product just have one download perhaps (Keep it Simple).
I'm trying to perform a clean install of DE Series for 12.2 and trying to download the products and know what is what when I come to run the install is pretty hard to follow as not all ISO or DVD are named with any great format, you could be installing completely the wrong product. I see some versioning in some ISO or DVD like 1220, but this is limited.
Please review the download site from a novice perspective.