Idea Details

Notification template in CA Catalog

Last activity 05-17-2018 03:20 PM
nupur.gupta2's profile image
01-09-2018 10:23 AM

Hello All,

to allow CA Catalog to create a manual notification template so that we can choose the required template so that email notification can be triggered to the required persons like we have in CA servicedesk manager.

Comments

05-17-2018 03:20 PM

Thank you for submitting this idea. The product team is reviewing this idea and is looking for additional input from other community members.

Community Members: If you agree that this is a good idea, please vote and add comments with details about your requirements.

01-11-2018 09:11 AM

Now you talk.

Thanks for the clarification. 

Voted up

01-11-2018 03:35 AM

Hi Pier,

I was pretty clear, however let me once again explain you, that is there any possibility that we can create a template in catalog so that we can just choose from different template and email can be triggered to the requester or enduser for eg. if we want the requester manager to approve the request, we can select "manager approval" template and like on send which contains requester name , requester manager and email body which clarifies that the mail is for managers approval" and so on and this can be done where there is "email " on the top left wherein we can create a template and select from those.

template can be like

1. managers approval

2 reminders for managers approval

3. enduser response awaited

4. Pending user confirmation

and so on

Please let me know in case of any concerns.

Regards,

Nupur Gupta

01-10-2018 10:12 AM

Not sure what you are talking about.

You want to be able to send a manual notification to a person of your choice?

From where? From a submitted request?

When? For what? What are your use cases? Is it for a end user to send information to the SDM team working on the ticket?

You must be clear and provide use cases when submitting an idea. If nobody understand what you want, you will not get vote, thus minimizing the chance of seeing your idea being wish-listed or delivered.

Until you provide clear informations and use cases, I vote down.