Idea Details

Add Data Repository status to the System Health check on Performance Center

Last activity 2 days ago
efrongia's profile image
02-11-2019 10:05 AM

I found out by chance that the Vertica DB was out of space by looking at the karaf.log on the active Data Aggregator in our environment, showing this error: [Vertica][VJDBC](2927) ERROR: Could not write  to[/ca/vertica/data/drdata/v_drdata_node0001_data]: Volume [/ca/vertica/data/drdata/v_drdata_node0001_data] is has insufficient space.

I looked to the karaf.log because I had noticed there were no data to display in the dashboards. However, the System Health status page was showing everything ok. As I have to do an upgrade from 3.6.2 to 3.6.4, the lack of space would make the Data Aggregator not able to connect to the database, so the upgrade may fail. 

So, to wrap up, pleas add the status of the available space in the data repository server in order to give more precise information about the health of every component of PM 

Comments

03-11-2019 03:35 PM

An alternative to this Idea in the meantime would be to utilize a Notification to trigger based off of the Data Repository State event type:

Event Types - CA Performance Management - 3.6 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Configure Notifications - CA Performance Management - 3.6 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Troy

02-11-2019 02:44 PM

Hi Matias,

This would be an enhancement request and is posted correctly as an Idea post requesting the new feature.

It's up to Product Management where this goes from here.

Thanks,

Michael

02-11-2019 02:19 PM

polmi05 any suggestion?