Idea Details

SNMP extracting Trap informaton

Last activity 12-17-2016 01:03 PM
Anon Anon's profile image
08-30-2015 10:02 PM

Current version of  the probe 3.17 and other versions of the probe, have a limitation when passing an alarm the probe only has the ability to parse complete variables and not a specific part of the alarm. The current request is to have the probe upon converting the trap into a  Nimsoft alarm  to parse specific elements as can been seem in the example

Example:

$1 = Silent Servers: MSDN.Probe.COM

Event: Http 302 - Found

Alert: Http 302 - Found

Threshold: 1

Last Value: 15

Threshold Type: Positive

So the request would be to go ahead and remove "http 302-found" and create a separate  as separate alarm with a the specified information.

"Http 302 - Found" from $1 and sent that as part of my alarm title to Spectrum like: "Dreamweaver Alarm: Http 302 - Found"

Please can this be added into as future functionality.

Comments

10-14-2016 01:22 PM

This idea remains "Under Review" and is not currently planned for a future release.

I am no longer the owner of this probe, and there is not a new owner assigned at this time.

09-25-2015 03:25 PM

Hello Jim,

Can you please provide me a link or document with all the improvements that you are planning for SNMPTD probe? Also, what's the ETA for this probe?

Thanks,

Ankur

09-25-2015 01:16 PM

Thank you for the idea.  This idea is very similar to a few other ideas centered around SNMPTD, and parsing more information on both sides of the varbind.have a roadmap planned to make several improvements to the SNMPTD

I have a roadmap to make several improvements to the SNMPTD.  This was a story that I already had planned.

Jim Perkins

Product Owner, SNMPTD

US41421

09-01-2015 01:31 PM

This is a great idea that brings delivery of an alert that is more human friendly (readable - and focused on true content of the situation).   We would appreciate this ability to provide our customers (our  Operations Command Center) a more readable friendly alert summary(extracting the sub-string that has more remainingful information and focused on root issue).

09-01-2015 12:10 PM

This is a great idea to be able to extract sub-string from a varbind in the SNMP probe and send that sub-string as a part of alarm title to Spectrum.