Idea Details

Enable automatic ServiceManager refresh after uc4.smc/uc4.smd files have been updated.

Last activity 08-19-2019 09:18 AM
Rafael Lubera's profile image
04-13-2018 04:38 PM

Hi Team, 
We would like a request an improvement to ServiceManager,
specifically, to automate any updates done to the uc4.smc/uc4.smd files.

Currently, we must manually update the uc4.smc/d files via ServiceManagerDialog.
This is a tedious process, with possibilities of entering bad information, i.e hitting control+v a coulpe times, etc...
We do have an automated way to update the smd file, but for this to update within the ServiceManager, you would have to bounce it, which would take the Automation engine down.
Do to security issues, we must constantly update java and would like to make this process 100% automated.

Comments

05-24-2018 01:29 PM

Something pending for quite a long time.

More and more required when you have security or profile issues to access some sub-components like when using a RA or SQL agent i.e. Or simply update those components and need to refresh the link to it.

05-18-2018 12:49 AM

I submitted a similar request last year:

Add 'Run SMC file' button to Service Manager Dialog (GUI) 

I have spoken to other members of the Automic community and asked them to vote on this. They do not want to vote, however, because they say the idea isn't worded very straight forward, and are afraid Automic might understand something entirely different. Their words, not mine :)

However, I suggest this would have much greater chance for general acceptance if it were worded more straight forward, such as simply make it possible to reload the service manager configuration without having to restart it".

Just my $0.02."

Hi Team,
We would like a request an improvement to ServiceManager,
specifically, to automate any updates done to the uc4.smc/uc4.smd files.

Currently, we must manually update the uc4.smc/d files via ServiceManagerDialog.
This is a tedious process, with possibilities of entering bad information, i.e hitting control+v a coulpe times, etc...
We do have an automated way to update the smd file, but for this to update within the ServiceManager, you would have to bounce it, which would take the Automation engine down.
Do to security issues, we must constantly update java and would like to make this process 100% automated.

I don't fully comprehend the "automate any updates" part, but I'm all for adding the ability to reload the SM configuration without requiring a restart. On Linux, this could be implemented by the GNU standard method of "kill -HUP".

Support this - especially a method of updating and reloading SMD files automatically (!) without the need of restarting SMGR.
which brings down the whole AE system if there is no multi server env.