Idea Details

Personalized Responses for Group

Last activity 02-08-2018 08:12 AM
Anon Anon's profile image
08-08-2013 12:07 PM

Currently (r12.7 and below) personalized responses can only be either public (everyone can use them) or assigned to an individual (only available to that contact for use).  The personalized responses that a service desk analyst would use vs an application or network support analyst, etc are quite different - for this reason we would like to be able to assign personalized responses to groups rather than only individuals.

Often different departments or groups have different standard communications so I believe it would be helpful if we could restrict use of the responses to only the group it applies to rather than having to make all of the responses publically available.  This way users wouldn't have to wade through a big list of responses that aren't relevent to their work in order to find the response they want.

Comments

02-08-2018 08:12 AM

This idea was moved to "not planned" due to low community interest.

02-08-2018 07:17 AM

Good Morning!

Was this Idea finalized? I'm not finding the button to record my vote on it.

For those who have customized, can you share the solution?
Did you remove the group constraint on the "response" object? How did you do that?
I've seen that there is a "ON_PRE_VAL check type" trigger that should do this consistency.

05-27-2016 03:57 PM

it seems   in Release 14.1.00  it is OOB  and same is achieved as following

personalized response created with administrator role [as set in login page] is visible/PUBLIC  to other users as well.

But it is exclusive to creater  when created with analyst role.

my question is     ...  is  it documented somewhere ??

santosh

08-28-2015 06:07 PM

We did it through customization too but it would be better OOTB.

01-16-2014 01:04 AM

Thumbs up for this. Even though we have done this as a customization... :-)