Idea Details

Top Secret Facility Display Enhancement

Last activity 02-25-2016 02:40 PM
Paul Sutton's profile image
10-14-2014 01:57 PM

I would like to request an enhancement to the results that are displayed when you issue the modify facility command (F TSS, FAC(facname) or TSS MODIFY FAC(facname)). Specifically, I would like to see a “ % used value” for MAXUSER and PRFT (Profile Table) added to the output.

Presently, you only see the values that are specified in your facility parameter settings which define the table size. The % used displayed would be the current usage of both of those tables. I would find very useful in monitoring growth in each facility. The only other options for monitoring use are the informational  messages that are presented for the profile table usage and MAXUSER as follows (Note: there are no forewarning messages for MAXUSER usage):

TSS0963I SHARED PROFILE TABLE > nn% FULL - JOB jjjjjjjj (sssssss)

TSS0960E SHARED PROFILE TABLE IS FULL - jobname

TSS0962E MAXUSER EXCEEDED - XREF TABLE FULL - F(facility) J(jobname)

Comments

02-25-2016 02:40 PM

Hello suttonpn and TSS Community - Thank you for your contribution of this enhancement idea!

CA is continually working to improve its software and services to best meet the needs of its customers and your input is vital to that effort. The CA Top Secret product team has reviewed your enhancement idea and decided to add it to our Wishlist to maintain this idea for consideration in a future release. The Community will continue to be able to vote on this enhancement idea which can increase the priority of it in the Team's backlog. When the product team knows it will being working on this enhancement idea, the status will be changed to "currently planned."

10-17-2014 07:44 PM

Insofar as the MAXUSER=n setting is concerned, the problem that arises is that multiple address spaces can be using a facility.

What I would suggest is that a capability be provided to display a list of all address spaces utilizing a facility, and for each such address space to show the current number of users, the current number of users as a percentage of the MAXUSER setting, the maximum number of users during the current session, and the maximum number of users during the current session as a percentage of the MAXUSER setting.