Idea Details

More healthcheck webservices

Last activity 10-04-2018 09:02 AM
Andreas Eriksson's profile image
01-09-2018 04:38 AM

CA has implemented some healthcheck webservices for the CA Service Managements products. They are a great way to make a self-test and see the operational status of the product. It would be nice to have even more tests/webservices like if ActiveMQ and other internal critical functions are in an operational state etc. For the Service Desk there is a special healtcheck so the loadbalancer can be aware if the backend node is functional. This is really good and I think this is very proffesional and adds a value and quality to the CA products. Thank you CA for this. We can rest assure that the product is operational 24/7 and can just add a secondary/external monitoring tool if really necessary. These self-tests has made my work as a technican a little easier. I like simplicity "built-in". 

Thanks beforehand.

Regards,

Andreas Eriksson

Netgain AB

Comments

10-04-2018 09:02 AM

Thank you for submitting this idea.

We are accepting this to our wishlist backlog for the ActiveMQ web service given it's importance to Service Catalog.

03-19-2018 03:21 AM

Hi Carol,

Thank you for showing interest in this idea. I think a general health check of all basic functionality that need to work within the catalog would be great. The CA Service Desk has some great checks. But yes, a check for the critical ActiveMQ would be much appreciated. Recently we have seen that ActiveMQ often has been the problem for our customer's implementations of CA Service Management.

Regards,

Andreas

03-16-2018 03:03 PM

Hi Andreas -

Are there some specific items in addition to checking if ActiveMQ is operational?

Thank you,

Carol

01-30-2018 06:50 AM

Hi Andreas -

Thank you for submitting this idea. The product team is reviewing this idea and is looking for additional input from other community members.

Community Members: If you agree that this is a good idea, please vote and add comments with details about your requirements.