Idea Details

Mobile OneClick

Last activity 12 days ago
Anon Anon's profile image
03-14-2011 11:21 AM

Basically what i am looking for is an Application for Android/IPhone devices that will allow our remote support staff to easily access OneClick via the mobile device. All that they would need to do is connect to the network via wireless connectivity and launch the application. It would require input as to the Spectroserver/OneClick server to connect to and the username/password which could be stored in the application.

It would be nice if it had logic to default the view to the site container/Global Collection associated with the network they are connected to, but allowing them to select their site/Global Collection would be equally as effective.

The functional requirements of the application would be such that they can view, acknowledge, clear, and email alarms, directly from the mobile device just as they would normally do via the OneClick client. I envision this as a series of lists and tables. Upon launching the application they would be displayed a list of global collections and upon selecting the GC they would see the alarm table view (sorted by severity would be nice). Then by selecting an alarm they can be presented the details of the alarm and have the functionality described above (view,acknowledge, clear, email). All rights/permissions would be the same as if the user was connecting via the OneClick client.

This would enable our remote support staff to leverage their mobile devices by assisting them in the most efficient manner and have less time spent connecting to Oneclick via a desktop/laptop, as well as spending more time resolving issues than going through emailed alerts to determine their priorities.

In addition, as technology evolves and pushes more functionality to mobile devices, it allows CA to offer a more progressive and well rounded solution to fault management.

I am suggesting this idea based upon my experiences and functionality i would find useful, i am anxious to see how others would utilize this capability and what functionality they would suggest.

Comments

01-28-2016 12:08 AM

Thanks DCPS_Jeff for the feedback. I will close this request now.

01-15-2016 04:37 AM

01-15-2016 03:34 AM

Hi Nagesh,

do you can post a direct link to these applications or the name of the app to find it in Android and IOS app stores?

Regards

Oliver

01-14-2016 11:17 PM

Folks,

We already have Mobile App for Android and iPhone. Let us know if this idea is good to close. I will wait for the responses by end of next week. Else we will close this idea as delivered.

Thanks,

Nagesh

07-22-2014 08:21 AM

Hello All,

We are now planning to open for beta (we are calling it restricted access/availability) for the Mobile Alarm View for Spectrum.
While we have a few customers we are rolling out to, we would be happy to include more users in the program.

Please reach out to me directly: Kiran.Diwakar@ca.com

We intend to start in the next two weeks, so hurry! I will run the participants on the operational aspects of the program.

Regards,

Kiran Diwakar

07-15-2014 04:37 AM

Hi all,

... I have seen my old Email with all these HTML-Tags inside and decided to add a readably shorter version here:

- a Web-App would be the best way.

- a Web-App is usable in nearly every browser too.

- I need to filter the alarms by "Global Collection" and "Severity"

While wainting for a long time for this feature I build my own mobile app which works fine on IOS, Android and every other Browser.

I use the REST-API, that´s why it is a simple HTML-File. The Alarm-List is created via a REST-API-Call in Javascript.

The only thing which I cannot process in javascript was the ability to get all alarms filtered by one or more Global Collections. (The processes were to slow for that).

I hope that the official Mobile Client is able to filter by Global Collections.

Most Customers I support, use Global Collections to filter the alarms for the AlarmNotifier by Global Collections and then these Global Collections are used in the Oneclick-GUI to watch the recent Alerts.

It´s not a fake! - its a working mockup

Best Regards

Erich Heinemann

TGS Telonic GmbH

11-04-2013 07:33 AM

Hear you my friends. We are trying to run some internal projects and working with
Spectrum users who have used APIs to do this. Will keep this group posted.

In the meanwhile, this has been an old thread, so any new ideas or suggestions here will get things moving.

Regards,
Kiran Diwakar

04-03-2013 09:40 AM

Hi Jeff,<br>it an old posting but the sttaus is still new ;-)<br>I only wanted to test the &quot;new&quot; webservice interface of spectrum, so I desided to write a mobile app.<br>I developed a webside with javascript and jquerymobile.<br>Now I am able to see the actual alarms an drill into the device details. It&#39;s also possible to search for devices. It was only for testing the webservice, but it is extensible. it is independent if you use android or IOS.<br>regards Uwe

05-23-2012 07:34 AM

<p>
     Hi,<br>     I have tested a mobile client for ca spectrum, developed by myself.<br>     Most need was to see which alarms rised for the devices where I am responsible for.<br>     First I made a HTML5-Webpage, optimized for Iphone. The webpage was running as special JSPs inside the normal Onelick-Tomcat... works fine with the normal Spectrum-Authentication!<br>     <br>     my first thought was to grab the alarms out of the SRM_Database, .. but this got only scheduled updates (hourly).<br>     Finally I used Alarm-Notifier for populate a second database with the needed data.<br>     <br>     No HTML5-Script  found to release a topology-view.<br>     <br>     We were able to create somthing like the neighbours-tab with a HTML5-Script which is also used inside Icinga.<br>     <br>     That we only need is:<br>     List of Global Collections with Alarmcount.<br>     Even if we select a GLobal Collection we would like to see the alarms in detail.<br>     It would be a next-step to get more device-informations and ability to start a maintenance.<br>     Something like neighbours-topology is great to navigate trough a network and to check the impact of a planned change or an alarm.<br>     <br>     I<b class="b4"> </b><b class="b5">would</b><b class="b4"> b</b><b class="b3">e pleased </b><b class="b2">if this would be a standard function. .. Web_Access for Smartphones. .. I don´t need a App, Web-Access with the browser of the smartphone should be enough.<br>     perhaps it´s better to install this Server-feature on a seperate maschine to block security faults.</b><br>     <br>      </p>

05-14-2012 10:28 AM

The main reason I posted this was because I have had staff asking me for years for this functionality. More recently our Management team has decided to not provide our field technicians with laptops but to instead equip them with Tablet devices. The only application that we cannot currently get to function on the tablets is the Spectrum console, which other than our ticketing system is probably the most important application they need to use. <br>Since my original request was posted we have received Android/iOS functionality from Cisco and Opnet, so they have both produced apps to fufill this need with their customers. Maybe by this time next year we can something from CA that fufills that need as well.

05-31-2011 05:55 PM

While I do agree that it would be useful to have from CA I am not sure that they will be able to provide the feature rich UI, options and customizations that we desire in a mobile app for a few revisions.  No offense.<br><br>I would rather have more core network/server functionality in Spectrum working and seriously under-developed feature sets worked on first.<br><br>There is a 3rd party application that provides 99% of this functionality now.  Check out xmatters (formerly AlarmPoint).

03-14-2011 01:48 PM

I was thinking of an &quot;app&quot;  but if a web-app can provide the same functionality it could certainly prove useful. I am not much of a developer but for continuity of viewing the data and security of the login data, I was assuming an app would handle that better than a web-app. We specifically use LDAP authentication, and I would not want the Server&#39;s information or the users login data accessible to other applications or stored in an area shared with browsers on the device.<br> <br>Also with an &quot;app&quot; there may be less browser based issues depending on the browser used, while a web-app may require additional software or configuration of the Oneclick web server to handle mobile browsers.<br><br>The Wi-Fi assumption is correct, it should only be available while connected to the network. <br><br>So I guess I would prefer an &quot;app&quot;, but as long as the functionality and security is the same I could support a web-app as well, I would defer that to the developers as to which is better route to accomplish the goal. Just don&#39;t tell the sales/marketing guys.... they will most assuredly see an additional revenue stream (just kidding).<br><br>I hope this was helpful to you.

03-14-2011 12:40 PM

<p><span><span style="font-size: 9.0pt; color: black; "> Hi Jeff,</span></span><span style="font-size: 9.0pt; color: black; "><br><br><strong><span>Thank you for your submission and thanks for being 1st to post an idea!</span></strong><br><br><span>I am a Product Manager for the Spectrum IM product and I will be reviewing these ideas, looking for further clarification and submitting these ideas for review by our cross-functional review team.</span><br><br><span>My question to you at this point is whether you feel an &quot;app&quot; is necessary or if a web-app would be sufficient?</span><br><span>Also, I am assuming access would only be available via Wi-Fi on the local LAN or via VPN over a WAN. Is that correct or are you envisioning a scenario where the OneClick server&#39;s IP address was exposed directly to the Internet?<br><br></span></span></p><p><span style="font-size: 9.0pt; color: black; "><span><b style=""><span style="color: #17365D; ">Jason Normandin | </span></b><span style="color: #17365D; ">Principal Product Manager | Spectrum Infrastructure Manager</span></span></span></p><span style="font-size: 9.0pt; color: black; "><span>
</span></span><p><span style="font-size: 9.0pt; color: black; "><span><span style="color: #17365D; ">CA Technologies</span><span style="color: #17365D; "><br></span><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; color: #17365D; ">Office: +1 (508) 628.8978 | Mobile: +1 (774) 452.0911</span></span></span></p><span style="font-size: 9.0pt; color: black; "><span>
</span></span>