Idea Details

provide a 64-bit version of SSO policy server

Last activity 06-04-2019 12:02 PM
Rob Lindberg's profile image
03-19-2015 10:35 AM

A number of customers have requested a 64-bit version of the policy server. If you are interested in this as well, please vote and add your comments as to your requirements for this so we can better understand the use cases for this request.

thanks,

Rob

Comments

10-05-2016 04:30 PM

I'm happy to announce that the 12.6 version of CA SSO is available, which includes this major architectural conversion to a 64-bit application. 

Read more here about how to obtain the software today : Early Access Availability Announcement for CA Single Sign-On 12.6 

04-27-2016 05:02 PM

Thank you for your contribution of an enhancement idea to the CA Community. CA is continually working to improve its software and services to best meet the needs of its customers. Your input is vital to that effort. The CA Single Sign-On Product Management team has reviewed your suggested enhancement and is pleased to inform you we have decided to incorporate your idea. We are projecting the GA of this idea in CA SSO r12.6. Thank you for your contribution to the progress of CA Single Sign-On.

CA SSO 12.6 is entering a customer validation phase right now and this idea can be previewed. Please review the following post for more information on how to participate. https://communities.ca.com/docs/DOC-231166359

10-24-2015 03:11 PM

So when can we expect to hear if 64 bit is accepted?  I have heard 64 bit for years but nothing so far.

10-24-2015 02:33 PM

Thank you for your contribution of an enhancement idea to the CA Community. CA is continually working to improve its software and services to best meet the needs of its customers. Your input is vital to that effort. The CA Single Sign-On Product Management team has reviewed your enhancement suggestion and decided to maintain the idea for possible consideration in a future release. The Community will continue to be able to vote on this enhancement idea.

10-24-2015 02:32 PM

We will shortly be releasing the 12.52 SP2 release and starting a new program.  64 bit policy server is one of the items in consideration for the new program.  If 64 bit support is committed in the program this idea will be updated.

07-15-2015 01:03 PM

I hope they consider all the suite, including SPS that relies on a Tomcat 32bit.

07-09-2015 04:06 PM

At this point, I will take the 64 bit on either windows or Linux.  Just see the need coming faster every day.  I already have a set of servers running over 3 GB RAM total on the machines.  I have a 4th server to run the WAMUI as it periodically causes server failures if run on the same boxes as it will push the memory over 4 GB.  I have 8 GB on the machine but the 32 bit application with Windows does not handle anything above 4 GB well and will cause lockups and failures.  The CPUs are still running low so the hardware can handle more, the software can't

07-09-2015 03:38 PM

I have asked for 64 bit version for the last 10 years...

Especially when running on Linux (or any modern UNIX variety) -- a native 64 bit OS.

04-10-2015 04:24 PM

Thank you for your contribution of an enhancement idea to the CA Community. CA is continually working to improve its software and services to best meet the needs of its customers.  Your input is vital to that effort.  The CA Single Sign-On Product Management team is reviewing your enhancement suggestion.  The Community will continue to be able to vote on this enhancement idea.

03-19-2015 02:15 PM

I have been waiting on 64 bit since I started using this at my current customer.  I run Federation as well and the Federation does consume more memory than just the SM Policy Store itself.  I would like not to run into the memory limit as we get ready to run a connection that will increase my usage to 180,000 users with several authentications per day.  I expect to increase my daily authentication count for Federation by approximately 750,000 authentications per day within the next year as this app roles to everyone.

03-19-2015 12:21 PM

Well one can limit the size of the 'embedded jvm'  that makes up the federation option pack component inside the process.   This is set in the JVMOptions.txt

file.   That said,  one has to keep everything under 4GB.     So smpolicysrv = JVM + AZ Cache + Log File Buffering +  ?? + mem leaks  < 4GB.  

03-19-2015 11:59 AM

Bob,

I didnt think of this. both places i have seen been are heavy in federation. I wonder if the place i am at now will run into this.

-Josh

03-19-2015 11:57 AM

Both of the comments prior to  in, "need to run in mixed state during upgrade" and "need to have better resource utilization" are factors i have seen at two places now.

03-19-2015 11:45 AM

With the Federation piece increasing the processes with an embedded JVM   the 32 bit 4 GB size of the policy server seems quite limiting.

Add caches and other libraries and it seems a 64bit size would be better suited for the enterprise.

03-19-2015 10:54 AM

I agree!. This update is expected as improvement and use of operating system resources

Efrén

03-19-2015 10:38 AM

As long as you can run in a mixed environment while upgrading your current Policy Servers from 32-bit to 64-bit.