Idea Details

More options to export function in SDM

Last activity 05-31-2019 02:09 AM
Vishwanathan Rangaswamy's profile image
02-17-2017 01:46 PM

Right now the export function across SDM, exports the data from the default columns specified in the page. It would be nice to export the user defined coulmns. Let's take an example of CI list. By default it has Name, family, class, serial number, contact, last change, product version, standard CI, Asset and CI. Now if I want to have MAC address instead of standard CI, then our current functionality won't allow us. So if export function allows us to choose the columns what we want to export, then it will be better to get us the required data.

Comments

10-06-2017 06:30 AM

This idea is being Wish-Listed for potential inclusion in a future release.

Before this idea moves to the next stage (Currently Planned or Not Planned), I would like to invite community members to please provide additional input and/or vote. Please note that Wish-listed ideas are selected for inclusion in a release based on multiple factors including - number of votes from community members, alignment of idea with a release's themes and goals, complexities and risks involved in implementing the idea, so a timeframe for availability of the idea as a product feature/functionality cannot be provided. Additionally, the implementation of your idea may not be exactly as requested and/or may be delivered in a new user experience.

02-24-2017 04:05 PM

This is aligned with my request to be able to customize the fields displayed so they can be edited in list.  I don't like having to ask my software administrator to do this for me.  https://communities.ca.com/ideas/102988167

02-24-2017 11:52 AM

Got it vrangaswamy.

Maybe other button so... "Export custom...".

Good idea.

02-24-2017 11:45 AM

Thanks daniel-bighelini This can be done but everytime we need to make change in list_nr.tmpl when we have change in the required fields. Also this can be done only by administrator. Instead it is always good to have an option in the UI, to choose the columns from the list and export them.

02-24-2017 11:34 AM

This is possible. Just add line in list_nr.htmpl (example):

<PDM_MACRO name=lsCol attr=mac_address exportHdr="Mac Address" hidden="yes">

This way, this column will be exported and will not be displayed to users.

02-24-2017 10:57 AM

vrangaswamy - Thank you for submitting this idea. The product team is reviewing this idea and is looking for additional input from other community members.

Community Members: If you agree that this is a good idea, please vote and add comments with details about your requirements.