Idea Details

Support Automation on-screen popup notification of customer in "Live Chat" queue

Last activity 09-01-2017 01:04 PM
Tammy Zadell's profile image
08-03-2013 11:56 AM

When a customer goes into the "Live Chat" queue, we would like to see a popup notification sent to the analysts who belong to that queue who are logged on so they know.  This feature existed in the standalone version of Support Automation, but not when it was integrated into SDM.  Now, the only way to be notified is via an email, which is not practial since all team members would need to be included in an email group, and they would receive emails around the clock when customers enter the queue, even when they are not there and logged onto the system to handle them.

Comments

09-01-2017 01:04 PM

This idea is being Wish-Listed for potential inclusion in a future release for our new chat/collaboration option.

Before this idea moves to the next stage (Currently Planned or Not Planned), I would like to invite community members to please provide additional input and/or vote. Please note that Wish-listed ideas are selected for inclusion in a release based on multiple factors including - number of votes from community members, alignment of idea with a release's themes and goals, complexities and risks involved in implementing the idea, so a timeframe for availability of the idea as a product feature/functionality cannot be provided. Additionally, the implementation of your idea may not be exactly as requested and/or may be delivered in a new user experience

03-11-2016 03:38 AM

as I say I'm with you on this just a workaround in the meantime may the business can't wait for this feature to be released.

This is something that must be OOB

/J

03-10-2016 11:29 PM

Again, a customization --- We don't like doing them, and I'm not a "coder" to even create a script to do this.

Thanks anyway....

Tammy

03-09-2016 09:52 AM

I will agree that we need something OOB to alrt the technician of a chat arriving in the queue.

Tzadell: A workaround can be to create your own notification method that call a small script for alerting the technician and use it for the SA notifications

Never tried but must be doable with not much effort.

/J