Idea Details

Service Catalog Servicedesk Category mapping

Last activity 05-31-2019 02:16 AM
TomStarke's profile image
05-18-2015 06:17 AM

Hi Community and Product Management,

Even though the CA provided content shows a good way on how to map from Service Catalog Services to the appropriate Service Desk Ticket category, there is great need to an out of the box-place to map from various levels in Catalog Service offerings to categories Service Desk is raising tickets on. This would be consistent with the fact that Catalog and ServiceDesk is often implemented as sound solution.

This mapping shall be respected ab all changes in Service Offerings and should be covered by inheritance as well.

Here an example on how the data model behind that could look like:

ServiceStructures.png

The dashed oval shows, where the mapping shall be located. Due to better structuring I used IMACD actions for categorizing matching categories.This idea shall help secifically MSPs, but it is helpful for all other implementations as well.

Kind regards,

Tom Starke, ca

Update with more detailled document.

Comments

10-10-2017 11:16 AM

Thank you, Carol!

I'm looking forward to finding this approach on one of the next roadmap presentations.

Please dont hesitate contacting me for further details - if needed.

Cordially,
Tom

10-10-2017 10:57 AM

Thank you for submitting this Idea. We agree that a more integrated, service-oriented approach to our CA Service Management solution is needed.  We are already including concepts from this idea into our design, which as suggested by Jerome (see previous comment by jmayer), is implemented in a single “tool”. Therefore, we will be marking this idea as "Wish-Listed" as we will incorporate the concepts behind this idea (not necessarily the suggested implementation) in our roadmap.

05-19-2016 04:44 AM

in fact looking the above comment why to not have on single tools sharing all together

I know lot of re-engineering but for a product perspective will make more sense for me.

my 2 cents

/J

03-24-2016 05:57 PM

We'd like to map statuses too

06-23-2015 08:36 AM

TomStarke

I think that this idea is strongly related to a similar post which also includes the mapping for approval workflows, not just the service mapping for fulfillment. If you agree, it would be great if you add your vode to that extended view..:

Business Rule Editor for Approval and Fulfillment workflows

05-18-2015 09:18 AM

Hi Carol,

this is really a good spot to place it.

What an MSP would require is the capability for mass change and when onboarding a new customer (and create a new catalog for that customer), the rule set shall be manageable as well.

Kind regards,

Tom

05-18-2015 08:47 AM

Tom -

I would add that as part of the common administration tab between SDM and Catalog that there is an option for building services that spans both solutions. This should include the service offering (description, form, etc..), related rules, mapping to SDM, and overall service levels.