CA Workload Automation ESP Edition

View Only

[TRANSCRIPT] askCA: CA Workload Automation ESP (March 8, 2018) 

Mar 09, 2018 10:41 AM

Lenn Thompson (CA):

Good morning, everyone. Thanks for joining us today.

Lenn Thompson (CA): Looks like we have the gang here -- so what questions do you have for the ESP team today?

Tatevik Stepanyan (CA):

Hello everyone

Tatevik Stepanyan (CA):

nice to meet you here!

Lenn Thompson (CA)

@Everyone: Pleease remember to "Send to Everyone" and to use @ when talking to someone directly

Jim Spath:

Hello.

Tatevik Stepanyan (CA):

I have a question:) anyone wants to join validation for Web Interface, please let me know! We have it availabe in validate.ca.com

Rick Romanowski:

In comparing the job output from FTP_JOB to an SFTP_JOB.

The FTP_JOB is verbose, but the SFTP_JOB is less.

additional information who help when troubleshooting.

Lenn Thompson (CA)

@Everyone Also a reminder that this session is focused on ESP. Thanks again for joining us.

Tatevik Stepanyan (CA):

@Rick, I saw your note in communite discussion, trying to check with team

Don Powell (CA):

There is no option in ESP to make it verbose.

Tatevik Stepanyan (CA):

we might need to ask Agent team , @ Don cant it be done as enhancement?

@Rick......It would be an enhancement ......the verbose method is available when issued on a command prompt

Tatevik Stepanyan (CA):

I need to check with our team about possibility and will answer to Rick then

Kathy O:

Is it possible to add the JCL library name as an ESP History field? Inherited processes that span multiple JCLLIBs make life interesting

Dennis Vittone:

@EVERYONE What are some upcoming items that are being worked on for ESP and upcoming releases?

Lenn Thompson (CA)

@Everyone: When responding to someone else in the chat, please make sure you say @Lenn or whoever so they know you're talking to them. Otherwise it can get confusing.

Lucy Zhang (CA):

@Kathy I just checked and it seems no field will show JCLLIB yet, you can post an idea for enhancement consideration

Don Powell (CA):

@Kathy.....Let's see if Tatevik can answer this

Tatevik Stepanyan (CA):

@Dennis, we are working on REST APIs and extending web UI for ESP, also enhancing ESP to support those features

Tatevik Stepanyan (CA):

@Dennis, we implemented more granular security from workstation for using RESETWOB command

Tatevik Stepanyan (CA):

@Dennis and we will extend to other Commands

Tatevik Stepanyan (CA):

@Dennis, in early April I will do sprint review

Dennis Vittone:

@Tatevik Thanks for the info.

Lucy Zhang (CA):

@Dennis, to track existing new features or enhancements, you may want to check our online doc link as below: https://docops.ca.com/ca-workload-automation-esp-edition/11-4/en/release-notes

Don Powell (CA):

@Shan - You should be able to see all ..... questions and answers.....Make sure when you send you have Send to "everyone"

Shan:

Ok

Dennis Vittone:

@Lucy Thanks for the link and will check this out.

Tatevik Stepanyan (CA):

is there anything you want to emphasize that I can communicate with our engineering team? I am reviewing ideations actually  now and I see a lot of votes for scan failed idea

Lenn Thompson (CA)

@Everyone: What other questions are there for the team?

Tatevik Stepanyan (CA):

https://communities.ca.com/ideas/235730550 

Tatevik Stepanyan (CA):

so you can vote on it and help me with prioritizing:))))

Lucy Zhang (CA):

@Tatevik, good to know that you are planning to work on it.  @Rick, you have done many work to help on minimizing the problem, will you give any input to our product owner?

Lucy Zhang (CA):

@Lenn, wonder if you can let it show on the top, so everyone can see it and therefore review it

Shan:

We see a lot agent communication error messages in our esp..these failures are for the esp agents that are defined for brp situations and are normally not active. Is there a way to route these messages to different dataset instead of jesmsglg

Shan:

Similar to AUDITLOG

Shan:

which can be spun everyday

Shan:

This is not a critical requirement but an idea to limit the esp logs filling spool

Lucy Zhang (CA):

@Shan, there is no way to route messages from JESMSGLG.  Could you give an example message shown in the log?

Shan:

ESP507E

Shan:

in our esp systems, large part of esp output log is ESP507E messages

Lucy Zhang (CA):

@Shan, this message means that the ESP has removed the agent definitions, however the agentparm still has the information about ESP manager and the agent tries to communicate with the ESP. If you only don't want to see those messages, then you can issue MGRADDR with a un-used port to the agent, so that the agent won't be able to communicate with the ESP. However the best way is to remove the ESP manager information from agentparm file

Shan:

Ok

Lenn Thompson (CA)

@Everyone We have about 10 minutes left in today's session. Are there any other questions?

Don Powell (CA):

Thanks everyone.....

Tatevik Stepanyan (CA):

thank you everyone for joining and looking forward to meet you during our regular sprint reviews, anyone that not getting email, can contact me to be included in sprint review

Tatevik Stepanyan (CA):

tatevik.stepanyan@ca.com

Lenn Thompson (CA)

Thank you for joining us, everyone. See you next time!

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.