Db2 Tools

How to check maintenance level for the CA Database Management Solutions for DB2 ? 

01-25-2017 05:14 AM

How to check maintenance level for the CA Database Management Solutions for DB2?

The best way to check for applied maintenance would be to either run a PTF list via native SMP/E or if you are using CA Chorus Software Manager (CSM) this would list installed maintenance. The following is sample SMP/E PTF list JCL that we send to sites on occasion:

//SMPCSI DD DSN=your.db2tools.CSI,DISP=SHR

//SMPOUT DD SYSOUT=*

//SMPLOG DD SYSOUT=*

//SMPRPT DD SYSOUT=*

//SMPLIST DD SYSOUT=*

//SMPCNTL DD *

SET BOUNDARY ( your target zone ) .

LIST

PTFS.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

01-26-2017 03:40 AM

Thank You Chris for let us know how you check the maintenance level in your shop.

Best regards, Gerlinde

01-25-2017 09:22 AM

A few thoughts …

What is a maintenance level in ANY software – sll  of my knowledge there is no such attribute

Yes – CA provides a way to mark PYFs as belonging to a CAR monthly group, but having 1 fix installed at CAR1612 does not mean you have ALL of the CAR1612 fixes applied

Also – what is in your target libraries is NOT what is in your runtime libraries

What I wrote for my shop is to build a  document that include the results of amblist against runtime loadlib looking tor indications of fix presence in runtime – and the highest CAR level of any installed fix – I think that is all you can hope for

Chris Hoelscher

Technology Architect, Database Infrastructure Services

Technology Solution Services

: humana.com

123 East Main Street

Louisville, KY 40202

Humana.com

(502) 714-8615, (502) 476-2538

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.