CA Workload Automation ESP Edition

View Only

Transcript Office Hours: CA Workload Automation CA 7 Edition [Sept. 10th] 

Sep 10, 2015 11:12 AM

Lenn Thompson - CA :

Good morning, everyone. Thanks for joining us. We'll get started here in a couple minutes.

Lenn Thompson - CA :

Okay everyone...the team is here. What questions do you have for @Jamie @MarySue and @Rodney?

Marysue Redd :

Hello, all--got any questions for us today?

Edwin :

is the file trigger with continuous mode useful in Workload Automation AE version?

karthick :

Hi all good morning

Lenn Thompson - CA :

@Edwin This session is focused on CA7. We'll be focusing on AE on 10/8 though! in the meantime, you might want to ask that in the community!

Edwin :

Thank You.

phil emili :

Using ARFSETS? I have been told that hen setting up ARFSETS try to avoid CC 0000 to start the ARFSET?

Marysue Redd :

@phil emili   ARF should never be called for a 'good eoj'...if RC 0 is a bad condition then you can use it

phil emili :

We currently use a IEBGNER/dummy job to call the ARFSET upon successfull completion of the prior prod job. We have many of these that work this way  my understanding.

Marysue Redd :

@phil emili   what release of 7 are you using?

phil emili :

1. 11.3

Marysue Redd :

@phil emili  The reason I asked is that prior to 11.3 the use of ARF JC type could work (timing), but it should never be used because if the job ends good, job completion processing is called and if the job record leaves the request queue and goes to the prior run queue while the arfset is trying to do responses, the responses may not get issued....even more so with r12 as it appears to be faster in job completion

phil emili :

Another ?? I have is about using perpetual calendars. Trying to determine if there is real value based on the current number of calendars we use ( 10 ) / I have read quite a view pros & cons on this topic.

Marysue Redd :

@phil emili    I think our clients have gotten value  perpetual calendars (even with more than 10)  as you usually will only have to update include members (for holidays) and not have to recreate the calendars---if you have standard holidays in most (or all) your calendars it can be a big help

Anthony Pepe :

We currently have a failover location with the same AGENT names and DNS.  When we do our failover, we have to issue the IAS RECONFIG command. Any plans in the future that we will not have to issue this command for the AGENTS?

Marysue Redd :

@phil emili (and all others)    If you want help in working with PCALS, you can open a case and we will be glad to provide code for an example for one (or more) of your calendars

phil emili :

OK thanks

Jamie Pawlikowski :

Anthony- We are constantly looking at ways to improve our products and make them better for our clients. This is something that we have discussed internally but have not come to a final decision.  It would be helpful to get support  the community via ideation.  We really look for the community to drive a lot of the enhancements that we put into our products.  We understand that this is a point of pain for you all and appreciate your input.

Anthony Pepe :

thank you

adam blecher :

We currently have some groups that use an Oracle Database plugin.  When these are installed on the distributed AGENT servers, do they operate under a seprate service name?  Such as CYBAGENT is for CA Workload Automation Agent SE..

Roderick Woods :

@Adam Blecher.... No, the plugin will be same service name and pid as the wa agent

karthick :

Team i have doubt

karthick :

As soon as job failed/abend , is there any way of setting email alert/notification to operator by CA7 ?

karthick :

I know we can do this by (SMTP jcl/rexx) and run it by some interval.But my doubt is, can we do the same process by ca7 commands are panels?

Marysue Redd :

@karthick   You can use an ARFSET type JC to issue the /EMAIL command if you have EMAIL set up in CA 7

Marysue Redd :

@karthick  If you need help with this setup, please open a case in support online and we will be glad to assist

karthick :

okey , thanks we are using r11.1 version

Marysue Redd :

@karthick   This feature is available for r11.1

Joseph Neumann :

@Edwin, I wanted to provide what I found related to your earlier AE question about file trigger in continuous mode. Since this causes the trigger to not return, (only place alert into log), it has limited usage in AE job stream and thus is not often used by customers. We can provide more details in the case you open.

karthick :

@Marysue, thanks

Marysue Redd :

Have any of you noticed the CHAT button  support online for CA 7 support?

Marysue Redd :

It's a new feature to be able to open a CHAT (instead of a case) for SEV 3 and 4 questions--immediate feedback is provided-kind of a nice new feature we are piloting for the support organization

Anthony Pepe :

Is that available 24/7?

karthick :

That's nice future , it means we dont want to  open ticket

Marysue Redd :

@Anthony Pepe   CHAT hours are 8:00 to 6:00 EDT

Marysue Redd :

8:00 AM to 6:00 PM :-)

Anthony Pepe :

okay, thank you

Marysue Redd :

@karthick   You are correct--just hit the CHAT button!

adam blecher:

That will be helpful - thank you!

Lenn Thompson - CA:

Okay everyone -- we're going to wrap up here in a minute. Thank you for joining us today! We'll get this transcript posted in the community later today.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.