IDMS

IDMS/IPCS Report Writer Version 3.01 

Aug 19, 2020 09:29 AM

This version is thought to be clean of problems, at least based upon the dumps which I know it has been run against.

The Report Write supports SYSMDUMPs and SVCDUMPs generated both by a CV as well as batch jobs.
CICS dump processing related to IDMS is under development

Support in the Report Writer is currently at 14.1 but most of the reports can be generated for prior releases as well. (Not much, if any, pre-14.1 code has been removed).

As always, if you experience problems with the Report Writer, please let me know. Details on how to contact me are at the top of the REXX.

Also, if you see things that need changing or enhancing, let me know as well.

Finally, if you have ideas for new extracts from a dump that would help in problem determination, let me know.

Remember the most important thing, the IDMS/IPCS Report Writer is not an officially supported tool by anyone at CA Broadcom. It is suppoted by primarily one person on a time available level but all identified issues and suggestions are reviewed and will be worked on when possible. Please do not expect timely turnaround when you report problems and suggestions. AND, most important, please use the contact information at the beginning of the REXX.

Thanks for your continued use of CA IDMS.

NOTE: About the file. The file is a PDS that has been processed by TRSMAIN to compress it. At CA is is called MEN.C1300.IDMSIPCS.REXX.FOR.CLIENTS. The output file from TRSMAIN is MEN.C1300.IDMSIPCS.REXX.FOR.CLIENTS.TERSED. In order to get it into the Communities library system it needed to be in an acceptable format. ZIP was chosen. and the MEN.C1300 was dropped. This is why the file is called IDMSREXX.FOR.CLIENTS.zip. There is nothing special about the file's name, but, when you upload it to the main frame you must unzipp it, transfer it to the mainframe IN BINARY and then run the file thru TRSMAIN to decompress it. You can override the default name of MEN.C1300.IDMSIPCS.REXX.FOR.CLIENTS or accept it. That is up to you.

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
5 Downloads
Attachment(s)
zip file
IDMSREXX.FOR.CLIENTS.zip   1.17 MB   1 version
Uploaded - Aug 19, 2020

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.