Broadcom Customer Care

View Only
  • 1.  Support Portal - How to register/create a Broadcom Account?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 29, 2020 02:25 PM
    If you are a new user and brought Broadcom Software products, the first thing to do is to create a Broadcom profile so that you could take advantage of many exclusive online resources Broadcom has to offer. To create a Broadcom account, please follow the steps mentioned in the Article - Registering a myBroadcom user account

Note: If you've already registered and want to get access to a Site ID to access Case Management, Downloads, or Licenses, please read How to get access to a Support Site ID.

If you need help with any of these steps, please contact Broadcom Customer Care Representative by opening a ticket online or use our Virtual Agent Chat.

------------------------------
    Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom

• 2.  RE: Support Portal - How to register/create a Broadcom Account?

Posted Mar 04, 2020 10:29 AM
    Same problem as everyone else.

1) I was never given a Site ID. I filled out the form (Ticket #31783155) asking for it, no reply in over 48 hours.
    2) I cannot proceed due to an illegal character in my company name (period and comma), which Broadcom migrated over, and is grayed out so I can't change it anyways.
    3) Calling tech support or customer care is useless. They don't pick up.

Let me add that I have been trying to buy licenses since DECEMBER 2019!

I appreciate you being here answering tickets, but there doesn't see like you can do much about it either.
    What a mess.

• 3.  RE: Support Portal - How to register/create a Broadcom Account?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 05, 2020 06:42 AM
    Hi MAK ABBASI

1. The ticket 31783155 has been addressed and the site id was sent to you via email. 
    2. The Special Character was a known issue that is resolved now. Before login into the portal, request you to please clear the cache and cookies and try login, if that doesn't work please try the incognito or the in-private mode to update your profile.
    3. We understand waiting to be connected is frustrating. We are doing our best to bring down the wait time.
    4. Regarding your license purchase request, I have forwarded your details to the sales team and someone will contact you as soon as possible. 

Regards, 
    Heena

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: Support Portal - How to register/create a Broadcom Account?

Posted Mar 05, 2020 10:20 AM
    Hello Heena. Thank you so much for th ehelp.

1. The ticket 31783155 has been addressed and the site id was sent to you via email. Yes, I was contacted via phone and was granted access.
    2. The Special Character was a known issue that is resolved now. Before login into the portal, request you to please clear the cache and cookies and try login, if that doesn't work please try the incognito or the in-private mode to update your profile. This has also been resolved on my side. I had a comma and period and it allowed me to proceed.
    3. We understand waiting to be connected is frustrating. We are doing our best to bring down the wait time. I understand.
    4. Regarding your license purchase request, I have forwarded your details to the sales team and someone will contact you as soon as possible. I had one VAR work on it and they gave me the wrong serials. Basically Broadcom quoted it incorrectly. I have another VAR working on it now. The quote has been approved. Hopefully I get the correct serials this time.

Seems like things are finally coming together. For me at least. I feel bad for everyone else though.

• 5.  RE: Support Portal - How to register/create a Broadcom Account?

Posted Mar 05, 2020 08:19 AM
    Mak said:

2. The Special Character was a known issue that is resolved now. Before login into the portal, request you to please clear the cache and cookies and try login, if that doesn't work please try the incognito or the in-private mode to update your profile.

Bzzt, wrong.

I too received an email "This issue is solved!", but it is not. I have a "backslash uppercase N" in the Customer Name field and it is still there. I did all of the "clear your cache" steps... I even tried logging in using my "personal device" browser that I guarantee has never visited Broadcom support before - still a "no go", the backslash N character is still there, still preventing me to submit my Site ID (which I had to obtain via request - they never sent me one).

And no, I cannot use "private browsing mode" because on my corporate PC that mode is DISABLED in my browser.

I will open another case and reference the first one... to see if I can get this fixed.

Lee