Disk

View Only
  • 1.  Update status of support information for Disk 14.0

• 2.  RE: Update status of support information for Disk 14.0

Posted Nov 07, 2021 11:20 PM
    Hello Disk Backup and Restore Product Owner,

After this post, the information on Disk 14.0 has been updated in "Maintenance Grid", but it seems that "Release and Support Lifecycle Dates" and "Compatibility Matrix" have not been updated yet.

Should I open a Support Case on Disk 14.0 and request an update to the latest information?

Best regards,
    Kazuhiko

• 3.  RE: Update status of support information for Disk 14.0

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 12, 2021 04:29 PM
    Hi Kazuhiko,
    Thanks again for bringing this issue to our attention.

As you mentioned the Maintenance Grid has been updated with information on Disk 14.

The Compatibility Matrix has been updated.  If you enter 'Disk' in the search area you will see a list of 
    both releases of Disk (12.5 and 14.0).  If you scroll through the list of products, you will see CA Disk Backup and Restore 12.5 listed alphabetically with products with a prefix of CA but Disk 14.0 doesn't have the 'CA' prefix in the list.  It appears as Disk Backup and Restore 14.0.  This gives the impression that Disk Backup and Restore 14.0 is not listed because it doesn't immediately follow CA Disk Backup and Restore 12.5 in the list of products.  We are in the process of rebranding our products by removing the 'CA' prefix where appropriate.  This transition is not complete at this time.  

Concerning the link for the Disk Release and Support Lifecycle Dates, I've been informed the link is no longer supported.  The Product Lifecycle information has been moved to the Product Support site: 
    https://support.broadcom.com/product/product-lifecycle-details.html?segment=MF

Thanks and best regards,
    Eardis

• 4.  RE: Update status of support information for Disk 14.0

Posted Nov 14, 2021 06:33 PM
    Hi Eardis-san,

Thank you for explaining so politely and thoroughly.
    I will inform these updates ​with our partners.

We appreciate your continued support.

Best regards,
    Kazuhiko