IDMS

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Introducing Broadcom Mainframe Digital Badges - CA IDMS™ - Database Navigation and Fundamentals

• 1.  Introducing Broadcom Mainframe Digital Badges - CA IDMS™ - Database Navigation and Fundamentals

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 28, 2020 02:31 PM
    Edited by Lenn Thompson Nov 11, 2020 12:55 PM

Introducing Broadcom Mainframe Digital Badges, the Modern Credential that Validates Your Skills and Achievements!

We're excited to announce the launch of the Broadcom Mainframe Digital Badge Program pilot for CA IDMS.  A digital badge is a simple way for you to share your accomplishments and experience. It's a way for your colleagues to see – and trust – your qualifications and expertise with Broadcom Mainframe products.

You can attach your badge to a website, email signature, and to your social network, and with one simple click, employers and other interested parties can easily view and verify your skills and expertise.

Broadcom has partnered with Credly, an Industry-leading Digital Badging platform vendor, so you can easily manage and share your badges in your email signature and across social media profiles, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and WhatsApp, using their Acclaim badging platform.

To get started, check out the list of badges you may earn on the Broadcom page on the Credly/Acclaim platform.  Each badge has defined the "Earning Criteria" and requirements. Our first for CA IDMS is focused on Database Navigation and Fundamentals. Please note that we have just launched this badging program and the list of available badges will increase going forward.

If have never accessed the LMS (Learning@Broadcom) system or if you have not accessed it in the last 3 months it may take 24-48 hours to authenticate your account. You should have access to the courses and tests thereafter.  

CA IDMS™ - Database Navigation and Fundamentals

• 2.  RE: Introducing Broadcom Mainframe Digital Badges - CA IDMS™ - Database Navigation and Fundamentals

Posted Apr 28, 2020 04:24 PM

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges ....

Thank You,

Chris Hoelscher

Lead Database Administrator

IBM Global Technical Services

T 502.476.2538  or 502.407.7266

• 3.  RE: Introducing Broadcom Mainframe Digital Badges - CA IDMS™ - Database Navigation and Fundamentals

Posted Apr 29, 2020 08:14 AM
    Hello Sheila.
    I might be interested in getting this badge (if it's free), but once I have entered the learning platform:
    I cannot find the courses on which it is based. The test does appear.
    Regards

• 4.  RE: Introducing Broadcom Mainframe Digital Badges - CA IDMS™ - Database Navigation and Fundamentals

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 29, 2020 03:26 PM
    Edited by Sheila Miller Apr 29, 2020 03:48 PM
    Thank you for reaching out.  If you have never accessed the LMS (Learning@Broadcom) system or if you have not accessed it in the last 3 months it may take 24-48 hours to authenticate your account. You should have access to the courses and tests thereafter.  This should have been highlighted in the original announcement.  Please let us know if you have questions or any additional issues.  

• 5.  RE: Introducing Broadcom Mainframe Digital Badges - CA IDMS™ - Database Navigation and Fundamentals

Posted Apr 29, 2020 03:49 PM
    Why unable do sign in ?  I changed my password yesterday.  May I need to change again ?

• 6.  RE: Introducing Broadcom Mainframe Digital Badges - CA IDMS™ - Database Navigation and Fundamentals

Posted Apr 29, 2020 04:16 PM

Luis,

Check to see if you are trying to signon to Credly as opposed to Broadcom. If that is the case, you will need to register to Credly first.

Regards,

Joseph Perkins (Contractor)

Sr. CA-IDMS Database Administrator, All in Solutions LLC

Service Operations – Infrastructure Operations, Veterans Affairs

Office of Information and Technology, IT Operations and Services

Office: (530) 260-0165 

GFE Mobile  (510) 599-6133

• 7.  RE: Introducing Broadcom Mainframe Digital Badges - CA IDMS™ - Database Navigation and Fundamentals

Posted Apr 30, 2020 11:10 AM

Hi Sheila,

That makes sense but how exactly will I be "authenticated"? Do I have to register with the same email as on Broadcom Support and I am authenticated as a result of the site-ids, or should I register to Learning@Broadcom with the same id as the Broadcom Communities so I will be authenticated related to which community I belong to? (EIUA/IUA CA  IDMS) . Currently I  can see three IDMS courses, but no badge test.

Steve

• 8.  RE: Introducing Broadcom Mainframe Digital Badges - CA IDMS™ - Database Navigation and Fundamentals

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2020 05:11 PM
    Steve,

Correct, you use the same email as on Broadcom Support and the Site ID that you registered with for support.  Here is a FAQ_Support Registration that helps with registering your site id and accessing Learning@Broadcom.

Donna

• 9.  RE: Introducing Broadcom Mainframe Digital Badges - CA IDMS™ - Database Navigation and Fundamentals

Posted May 01, 2020 02:06 AM

Hi Donna,

I have my siteid on the Broadcom Support, but I still am unable to see the IDMS badge. I see three courses, but no badge test.

My id is my email address.

Steve

• 10.  RE: Introducing Broadcom Mainframe Digital Badges - CA IDMS™ - Database Navigation and Fundamentals

Posted May 05, 2020 12:24 PM
    It would be really nice if Broadcom would come up with a "consultant" site-id. Some of us bounce from client to client and having to recreate user ids for every site just seems silly.

• 11.  RE: Introducing Broadcom Mainframe Digital Badges - CA IDMS™ - Database Navigation and Fundamentals

Posted Apr 30, 2020 04:15 AM
    Is the certification only available after having completed certain courses? As it is I can see the IDMS R19.0 training but not the certification.

• 12.  RE: Introducing Broadcom Mainframe Digital Badges - CA IDMS™ - Database Navigation and Fundamentals

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2020 08:49 AM
    Mike,

Completing the course is not required to access the assessment test or earn the badge.  

The IDMS badge assessment test is "CA IDMS: Database Navigation and Fundamentals - Digital Badge Assessment", course code 06IDM2053E.  It is currently available. 

Please contact me directly if you're still unable to find it so we can review your Learning@Broadcom access.

Donna

• 13.  RE: Introducing Broadcom Mainframe Digital Badges - CA IDMS™ - Database Navigation and Fundamentals

Posted Jun 05, 2020 09:01 AM
    Good morning Sheila,

I am able to sign in to Learning@Broadcom page, but when I search for the courses I get an empty screen. These are the ones I am searching for:
    • CA IDMS/DB: New DBA Fundamentals 200 Bundle (Course Code: 06IDM2053B)
    • CA IDMS/DB Database Version 19.x: Database Navigation 200 Bundle (Course Code: 06IDM2052B)

Thanks,

Seu

• 14.  RE: Introducing Broadcom Mainframe Digital Badges - CA IDMS™ - Database Navigation and Fundamentals

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 05, 2020 09:43 AM
    Hi Sue,

Thank you for reaching out.  If you have never accessed the LMS (
    Learning@Broadcom) system or if you have not accessed it in the last 3 months it may take 24-48 hours to authenticate your account. You should have access to the courses and tests thereafter.

Donna