View/Deliver

View Only
  • 1.  SARBCH REPORT DD Missing

Posted Jul 18, 2019 04:37 PM
    We had a situation where someone was executing SARBCH with the input parameter of 
    /LIST ID=JOB*
              GEN=*

In the execution JCL, they omitted the REPORT DD statement.  Subsequently, a message was issued, to the JES WTO pool, for every report that was being processed by the /LIST command.  The message written to the JES WTO POOL was: IEC130I REPORT DD STATEMENT MISSING

We would like to request that SARBCH be modified to FAIL, when the expected DD statement is missing, rather than issue the message over and over.  In situations where there are large numbers of reports, the WTO buffer pool can fill very quickly as the message are issued very very quickly.  In our example the message was issued 518 times in less than a second.

This resulted in several processes being impacted and failing with S02B abends during this time period.

------------------------------
    Mainframe Systems Engineer
    Regions Bank

• 2.  RE: SARBCH REPORT DD Missing
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 19, 2019 11:04 AM
    Hello Michael,

Thank you for your input and participation in our CA View/Deliver community! Regarding the SARBCH REPORT DD Missing "discussion" that you posted... 

Because this post is actually a request to enhance the current functionality of the product, you are going to need to open this SAME REQUEST as an IDEA rather than a discussion.

I did some checking and unfortunately the new Community platform does not currently provide you or I with the flexability of converting this "discussion" to an "idea" so I'm afraid you are going to need to open the IDEA by clicking on the Ideation tab towards the top of the screen and then clicking on the red ADD button to create the new idea. You can then just cut/paste the contents of your discussion into the IDEA.

Once your request is opened as an IDEA, the product management team will see it, and it will then be discussed at a future product planning meeting and considered for inclusion into the product.

Best regards,
    Scott London
    ca Support

Sr Support Engineer - Mainframe
    CA Technologies a BROADCOM Company

• 3.  RE: SARBCH REPORT DD Missing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 22, 2019 12:26 PM
    Hi Michael,

I'm Ed Blazejewski, the output management product manager. I read your suggestion above. It makes sense and is a good one. I'll add it to the product backlog. We have a lot of work currently in flight, so I can't give you a date to when this will be implemented.

Thanks again,
    Ed

Product Manager Output Management
    Broadcom