Broadcom Customer Care

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP 14) to the fully cloud-managed version Endpoint Security (formerly SEP 15).

Posted Jul 30, 2020 07:29 AM
    Hello,
       I've reached a brick wall about the migration path between
    Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) to the fully cloud-managed version Endpoint Security (formerly SEP 15).
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/173682/upgrade-paths-to-endpoint-security.html

and Broadcom support are really, really not interested in communicating using the case management system.

Can you clarify whether someone with an active SEP 14 on premises license can switch to Endpoint Security?

Technical Support seems to think that it is not an entitlement; does it require a new subscription,and if so is there a migration path, is there an Endpoint Security SKU / product code I should buy when Symantec Endpoint Protection is nearing expiry

If it's a different product, it would be useful if this was stated on the Symantec Management Console's migrate to cloud page.

And as displayed in other messages posted earlier by other, if we click on the link on the Symantec Management console, we are dumped into a broken Broadcom loop of being thrown between a broadcom US site and broadcom europe site, before failing.

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP 14) to the fully cloud-managed version Endpoint Security (formerly SEP 15).

Posted Jul 30, 2020 09:14 AM
    It is because of Broadcom's total lack of regard for customer support that I have decided to abandon Symantec and Broadcom completely. I will not tolerate being treated an insignificant entity. My company has been using Symantec for over a decade. It is going to entail a lot of work to get rid of Symantec, but since there is absolutely no support to speak of, it has to be done.
    Goodbye Broadcom, goodbye Symantec.

• 3.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP 14) to the fully cloud-managed version Endpoint Security (formerly SEP 15).

Posted Jul 31, 2020 10:56 PM
    I have a open ticket with them for the past 6 weeks, and been bounced around from one internal department to another - they like to close tickets and open new one this make there response time seem reasonable by the way. Have not been able to login to the securitycloud.symantec.com as part of my migration - says i don't have an account, they have no clue why.

• 4.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP 14) to the fully cloud-managed version Endpoint Security (formerly SEP 15).

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 09, 2020 01:28 PM
    Hi OtherAccount8

The artcile states - "SEP clients that are managed by a Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) which has not been enrolled in the cloud can be migrated to Endpoint Security (formerly SEP 15)."

SEP (Symatec Endpoint Protection on prem) licenses cannot be used to activate the cloud console, SES licenses will be required. To purchase SES licenses, please contact resellers by using the following link: https://www.broadcom.com/company/partners/ca-technologies/symantec-partner-locator

Hope this helps!

------------------------------
    Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------