Common Services

View Only
  • 1.  CCS Event Agent for HP NonStop (Tandem)

Posted Nov 19, 2021 01:47 PM
    Good Afternoon,

I am looking for information on the CCS (specifically Event Management) Agent for HP NonStop (Tandem). Is this still supported/available? I'm looking to integrate it with CCS on a Windows platform (which I already have, CCS 11.2 as delivered with ITCM 14.2). I'm looking just to forward events from HP Nonstop to the Event Manager running on the ITCM Management Server. I will create the message forwarding rules on the Windows Event Manager, so I need only the Event Agent, no database.

Any information you can provide will be gratefully received.

Many Thanks
    Steve McCormick

• 2.  RE: CCS Event Agent for HP NonStop (Tandem)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 22, 2021 09:34 AM
    Hello Steve, 

My name is Mariette Baydry and I am part of the Common Services team in EMEA. 

CA Common Services for z/OS 15.0 no longer contains the following features and components:

CA Network and Systems Management (CA NSM), which contains the Agent Technologies and Event Management components.

If you are using CA NSM, you can migrate to CA Unified Infrastructure Management (CA UIM, formerly known as Nimsoft).

If you are using CA NSM with CA OPS/MVS to process network and USS events, you can migrate to CA OPS/MVS Release 13.5. CA OPS/MVS Release 13.5 contains a new CA UIM Interface and a new USS Syslogd Server.

For more information, you can check New Features in the Release Notes section of the CA OPS/MVS 13.5 documentation.

Sincerely, Mariette

Mariette Baudry
    Technical Support Engineer | Mainframe Division
    Broadcom Inc.