TPX Session Management for z/OS

View Only
  • 1.  TPX 5.4 configurated access=pass mode in SMRT, Can I somehow pass user data to CICS region ?

Posted Jul 08, 2020 08:46 AM
    ​TPX 5.4 configurated access=pass mode in SMRT(TEN0105) , Can I somehow pass user data to CICS region ?
    I know ACL is not going to work since TPX is in PASS mode and is no longer in control of session.
    I tried session data passing &USERID (TEN0146) but it is not working.
    Can someone help ?

------------------------------
    Kam Chiu

• 2.  RE: TPX 5.4 configurated access=pass mode in SMRT, Can I somehow pass user data to CICS region ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2020 04:31 PM
    Kam please open a Support case to address your query.

Asim Zaidi

Technical Support Engineer | Mainframe Division

Broadcom

office: +1 604-233-8605

Asim.Zaidi@broadcom.com | broadcom.com

• 3.  RE: TPX 5.4 configurated access=pass mode in SMRT, Can I somehow pass user data to CICS region ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2020 04:31 PM
    Please open a Support case to address your query.

[TPX Support]
    [CA Broadcom]

• 4.  RE: TPX 5.4 configurated access=pass mode in SMRT, Can I somehow pass user data to CICS region ?

Posted Jul 09, 2020 05:12 PM

Hi Asim.
    Case was opened and closed. Was asked to post request for enhancement.

Please see Broadcom case # 20073606.

Aloha/Bonne journée/Namaste/Regards/Salamat/Saludos.
    Kam Chiu
    AT&T Network Services
    Host Network Support Rep for IBM
    Toronto, ON CANADA
    Fax:(416-)478-6717

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING
    This communication, including any attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.

Asim ZAIDI via Broadcom ---07/09/2020 05:03:14 PM---Please open a Support case to address your query. ------------------------------ [TPX Support] [CA B

• 5.  RE: TPX 5.4 configurated access=pass mode in SMRT, Can I somehow pass user data to CICS region ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2020 05:34 PM
    Hello Kam,

The PASS mode feature puts the user event in a non-TPX mode.

All TPX Session management features are unavailable since the user will be 'outside' of TPX.
    An ACL or Session Data implementation for an application is unavailable since TPX is unavailable and these
    are features only available when the user is in a true TPX environment.
    Pass mode is NOT a true TPX environment.

I reviewed the case you referenced. The support Technician had advised opening a enhancement request.
    You can logon to communities at Broadcom and requested an enhancement on the ideation page..
    Here's the link  https://community.broadcom.com/home

However, it appears you opened a question / query  in communities and not an 'Idea', in communities.

Asim Zaidi

Technical Support Engineer | Mainframe Division

Broadcom

office: +1 604-233-8605

Asim.Zaidi@broadcom.com | broadcom.com

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 5:12 PM Kam Chiu <kchiu@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

Hi Asim.
    Case was opened and closed. Was asked to post request for enhancement.

Please see Broadcom case # 20073606.

Aloha/Bonne journée/Namaste/Regards/Salamat/Saludos.
    Kam Chiu
    AT&T Network Services
    Host Network Support Rep for IBM
    Toronto, ON CANADA
    Fax:(416-)478-6717

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING
    This communication, including any attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.

Asim ZAIDI via Broadcom ---07/09/2020 05:03:14 PM---Please open a Support case to address your query. ------------------------------ [TPX Support] [CA B

Please open a Support case to address your query. ------------------------------ [TPX Support] [CA Broadcom] ------------------------------ -replied to the "CA TPX Session Management for z/OS" community
    Re: TPX 5.4 configurated access=pass mode in SMRT, Can I somehow pass user data to CICS region ?
    Jul 9, 2020 4:31 PM
    Asim

[TPX Support]
    [CA Broadcom]

You are receiving this notification because you followed the 'TPX 5.4 configurated access=pass mode in SMRT, Can I somehow pass user data to CICS region ?' message thread. If you do not wish to follow this, please click here.

Update your email preferences to choose the types of email you receive

Unsubscribe from all participation emails

Original Message:
    Sent: 7/9/2020 4:31:00 PM
    Subject: RE: TPX 5.4 configurated access=pass mode in SMRT, Can I somehow pass user data to CICS region ?

[TPX Support]
    [CA Broadcom]