ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Uninstalling UUJMA Type Agents

Posted Jan 10, 2019 02:30 PM

I'm not real familiar with the #uujma type Agents. I was aksed to implement the WA System Agents. But now I've somehow been made the SME for the UUJMA's also ! But we have several old UUJMA 11.2 Agents that are no longer in use. All jobs have been deleted from #ca7agents* but no one ever uninstalled the Agents. So looking in the manual, it says in order to uninstall a UUJMA Agent on Unix, to do the following...

lsm –e CAUJMA

Is this the correct method ? I cannot perform the actions myself, I have to submit a request to our Unix Support Team for them to do it, so I have to give them the correct command(s). Also, are there any other considerations that I need to be aware of on the server to facilitate the uninstall ? We have no plans to install any other type Agent on these servers. Thanks in advance for any info you could provide.

• 2.  Re: Uninstalling UUJMA Type Agents
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2019 02:49 PM

Hi Lowell,

Congrats on the SME role for UUJMA!  I know you mentioned Unix and that command is the correct one so you'll be good to go forward with it:

lsm –e CAUJMA

I'll cover the whole gambit for the rest of the community as well.  Shout out to @Stacey_Ruggiero for writing this up originally.

Uninstalling the Agent
    The uninstall process is different for each platform; therefore, the procedure is described for each platform in the following sections.

Uninstall on a Windows Computer

To uninstall CA UJMA on a Windows computer, from the Windows Start menu, go to Settings, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs. Select CA UJMA and click Change/Remove.

Uninstall on a UNIX/Linux Computer

To uninstall CA UJMA on a UNIX or Linux computer, use one of the following methods.
    Method 1:
    1. Log in as root.
    2. Mount the DVD on UNIX using the corresponding syntax for the appropriate platform:

Platform Command Syntax
    HP-UX mount -F cdfs -o rr device mount_point
    IBM AIX mount -v cdrfs -r device mount_point
    Linux mount -t iso9660 -o ro device mount_point

Platform Command Syntax
    Solaris mount -F hsfs -r device mount_point
    Note: If the DVD cannot be mounted on the target UNIX computer, it can be mounted on another computer and the uninstallation material can be transferred to the target UNIX computer in binary mode through FTP.
    3. cd /mount_point/language/platform
    4. ./setup
    Complete the uninstallation as set forth in steps 4 to 6 of the Windows instructions.

Method 2:
    lsm –e CAUJMA
    Uninstall on an HP NonStop Computer

To uninstall CA UJMA on an HP NonStop computer, logon as SUPER.SUPER and enter the following command:
    CARELSCR.DEINSTAL
    Note: The CARELSCR.TACLSEGF file may not be automatically purged after uninstalling. This file is open and cannot be purged until all currently attached TACL sessions are detached.

Uninstall on an OpenVMS Computer

To deinstall CA UJMA on OpenVMS, follow these steps:
    1. Log in to the OpenVMS computer under account SYSTEM. 2. Stop CA UJMA. When stopping CA UJMA, it is necessary to stop CAICCI, and CAIENF (if CAIENF is enabled):
    @sys$startup:ujm$agent$shutdown.com @sys$startup:cci$shutdown.com @sys$startup:enf$shutdown.com You may choose instead to run the CA Services shutdown; to shut down all selected services:
    @sys$startup:capoly$shutdown

3. Run the deinstallation script:
    @sys$update:ujm$agent$deinstall.com Note: This command does not deinstall CAICCI or CAIENF. Refer to the chapter “Configure and Manage CAICCI and CAIENF” in this guide and in the CA Universal Job Management Agent User Guide for further information.

• 3.  Re: Uninstalling UUJMA Type Agents

Posted Jan 24, 2019 07:26 AM

GM Shannon (or anyone else who can assist), so I submitted requests to have the Unix Team uninstall 5 UUJMA Agents and this is what they got...

# root@mcfl1u4d [/]
    # lsm -q CAUJMA
    SMX000020 Product CAUJMA is not installed on the system.
    Reason: The product you are trying to backup, check, reinstall or remove is not installed on the system.
    Action: None. Informational only.

But I'm seeing files like this still on those servers that looks like they are related to the UUJMA Agent...

-r--r--r--   1 root       sys             33 May  2  2004 .ji_loc
    -rw-r--r--   1 root       sys             15 May  2  2004 .uniprodloc
    drwxr-xr-x  11 root       sys           1024 Sep 23  2008 SharedComponents
    lrwxr-xr-x   1 root       sys             28 May 10  2017 CAlib -> /opt/CA/SharedComponents/lib
    lrwxr-xr-x   1 root       sys             34 May 10  2017 installer -> /opt/CA/SharedComponents/installer
    lrwxr-x---   1 root       sys             31 May 10  2017 ca_lic -> /opt/CA/SharedComponents/ca_lic
    lrwxr-xr-x   1 root       sys             32 May 10  2017 jasfiles -> /Production/ca/jasmine/framework
    drwxr-xr-x  14 root       sys           1024 Jan 20 03:47 UnicenterDSM

Is this just something they need to manually delete, was the uninstall not done correctly, does they not matter ? We had a Case last year when having some issues with upgrades of 3 UUJMA Agents to System Agents and CA Support ended up identifying remaining UUJMA files/Parms that didn't get removed during the upgrade. So just trying to figure out if these files are something I need to be concerned about

• 4.  Re: Uninstalling UUJMA Type Agents

Posted Jan 17, 2019 07:34 AM

Hey Shannon, thanks big time for the detailed explanation. I'm not sure if "congrats" or "condolences" are in order re: my anointment as the UUJMA SME here lol I was fine with the System Agents and have gotten to know them pretty well in a year. Thing is, I'm not even on any of the Scheduling Teams anymore ! I got moved to a separate Automation Team and I'm knee deep in trying to learn Perl, Python & Java ! But evidently there is just no one else here to handle the Agents, so until I can do some knowledge transfer, they are all mine. But again, thank you sir. much appreciated.