Gen EDGE

View Only
  • 1.  CA Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2021

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 03, 2021 03:19 PM
    Edited by Kim Peelman Dec 06, 2021 06:20 PM

This is a forward looking statement. This is subject to change at any time without notice.  The development, release and timing remain at Broadcom's sole discretion.

I'd like to share our certification plans for 2021. I will update this thread if changes occur. (Updated Oct 5, 2021)

Here is what we anticipate completing in 2021:

1. We are upgrading the compilers used when we build CA Gen HE, z/OS IT, COBOL Generators and z/OS Runtimes to PL/I 5.2, COBOL 6.2 and C/C++ 2.2. We are also upgrading Db2 to Db2 V12.  We are not changing the Support of 3rd party products certified for Gen applications.--> DONE, see update below Oct 18, 2021
    2. Certify IBM WebSphere MQ v9.2 --> DONE, see update below Oct 18, 2021
    3. Certify OpenJDK 8 and 11 --> DONE for JBoss EAP, see update below Oct 5, 2021
    4. IBM WebSphere Application Server 9.0.5 --> DONE, already supported, see update below Oct 5, 2021
    5. Oracle WebLogic Server 14c --> POSTPONED to early 2022, see update below Oct 5, 2021
    6. Certify Microsoft Host Integration Server 2020 --> POSTPONED to early 2022, see update below December 6, 2021
    7. Certify IBM Communication Server for Windows --> POSTPONED to early 2022, see update below Oct 5, 2021

Your feedback helps determine our priorities, so let us know how this news affects you. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this discussion or email me at Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com

------------------------------
    Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 2.  RE: CA Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2021

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2021 06:18 PM
    An update: 

• Regarding #1 upgrading compilers: We have published the update for HE and z/OS IT. We're continuing our work for z/OS Runtimes.
    • Regarding #2 MQ v9.2: This testing is complete and Tech Docs has been updated (here) . You'll notice our documentation now says "IBM WebSphere MQ v9.1, v9.2 (and subsequent 9.x minor versions)" We have been evaluating which vendors have policies of making non-breaking changes in minor releases. For those, we can support subsequent minor releases without additional certification testing. This will enable you to adopt the latest versions of software while still receiving full support from Gen.   
    ​​​

Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 3.  RE: CA Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2021

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 05, 2021 01:05 PM
    An update: 

I'm pleased to share that we have completed certification of OpenJDK 8 and 11 with JBoss EAP 7.2(#3 above). Announced Here

We recently assessed our priorities for October-December 2021. As such, I have some updates regarding our certification plans. Given the high priority of other items, like Consuming RESTful services, a few of these certifications will be postponed to early 2022. 

• Regarding #3 There are multiple layers to the certification of OpenJDK 8 and 11. In addition to JBoss EAP 7.2, we plan to certify Open JDK 8 and 11 on WebLogic Server 14c. We also plan to certify OpenJDK 8 on WebSphere Application Server 9.0.x. However, those certifications will need to be postponed to early 2022. 
    • Regarding #4 W.A.S 9.0.5 is currently supported, but I included it in this list because we intend to use that version to certify OpenJDK 8. Tech Docs will be updated to clarify that we support 9.0.x.
    • Regarding #5: WebLogic 14c certification is being paired with the certification of OpenJDK, so it is equivalently postponed to early 2022, as noted above. 
    • Regarding #7: IBM Com Server for Windows will be certified in early 2022.

Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 4.  RE: CA Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2021

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2021 05:35 PM
    I'm pleased to share that #1 and #2 are complete.

For most information about upgraded compilers see these announcements:

For our list of supported third-party software, including MQ, go HERE. ​​

Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 5.  RE: CA Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2021

Posted Oct 19, 2021 01:48 AM
    Thank you Kim,

Could you add "IBM WebSphere Liberty" to Gen certification plans for 2022, please?

Saeed Almutairi
    Consulting Architect
    Ministry of Interior - Kuwait

• 6.  RE: CA Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2021

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 19, 2021 05:23 PM
    @Saeed Almutairi We haven't solidified our 2022 certification plans, but yes I expect Liberty to be on the list. ​

Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 7.  RE: CA Gen 8.6 Certification plans for 2021

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2021 06:20 PM
    An update...As we see the end of 2021 coming to a close very quickly, we've assessed our capacity and it looks like #6 certification of H.I.S. 2020 will slip into early 2022. ​

Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX