CA 7 Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  REST API Web Services install in USS

Posted May 11, 2021 01:30 PM
    I am installing REST API webservices in z/OS USS and in the documentation it indicates that CA7 Event Manager and CA Datacom Server for z/OS are required.  I also see in the docs that it appears that it can be installed without these.  Any clarification on this would be appreciated.  

Just curious if anyone has installed REST API webservices yet and if so, any problems I should be aware of on the install?

Thanks,
    Bryan Lehner

• 2.  RE: REST API Web Services install in USS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 13, 2021 09:36 AM
    test

• 3.  RE: REST API Web Services install in USS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 13, 2021 09:55 AM
    The CA 7 REST API can be installed WITHOUT having installed the CA 7 Event Manager or CA Datacom Server. During the installation you will be prompted the information below. You will need to enter "dummy" data for these prompts.

1. Event Manager Port - Enter any valid port number not being used by another TCP/IP component. You will be able to update this later if/when the CA 7 Event Manager is implemented. Note, you must enter a valid port number (we recommend something in the 10000-65535 range)
    2. There are a number of prompts for the CA Datacom Server during the REST API installation.  You will be able to update this information later if/when the CA Datacom Server is installed.
      1. For TCPIP-HOST use the same host name used for CA 7
      2. For TCPIP_PORT enter a valid port number not being used by another TCP/IP component
      3. For SERVERNAME enter a dummy name
      4. For USER enter your user-ID or a dummy ID
      5. For PASSWORD enter a dummy password
    The CA 7 Event Manager is required for:
    • The Event Manager Requests endpoint.
    The CA Datacom Server is required for:
    • The Job Definitions endpoints that use the GET HTTPS method
    • The Job Instances endpoints that use the GET HTTPS method
    The information above is documented in techdocs.broadcom.com under Configuring/Interfaces/CA 7 REST API