IDMS

View Only
  • 1.  General Availability Announcement for CA IDMS for z/OS 19.0 S1912

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 10, 2020 10:50 AM
      |   view attached

On behalf of Broadcom, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services.  As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce that CA IDMS for z/OS 19.0 S1912 is now available.

This Service Update installs CA IDMS for z/OS 19.0 at the CA Recommended Service (CA RS) S1912.  By installing this Service Update, you ensure that your systems are current on maintenance for CA IDMS for z/OS 19.0.  Cover letter attached. 

New features for CA IDMS Version 19.0 include:

·       Using Zowe CLI with CA IDMS

·       CA IDMS MQ Adaptor

·       CA ADS zIIP Enablement

·       CA IDMS SQL

o   Virtual Foreign Keys

o   ISO Standard Constraint Definition DDL

o   SQL Resource Limits

·       CA IDMS Web Services

o   Consumer

o   Provider

·       Generic VTAM Resources

·       New and Enhanced Commands and Parameters

o   Dynamically Turn zIIP ON/OFF

o   Manually Request LOG Offloading

o   Performance Monitor

o   SYSIDMS Parameters to Reduce zIIP Overhead

·       Secure External Performance Monitoring

For a complete list of new features, please visit our New Features section on Tech Docs.

For detailed information concerning this Service Update, current support information, and the latest technical bulletins, please visit Support and Tech Docs.

You can download your copy of CA IDMS for z/OS 19.0 S1912 online at Support where you can also utilize CA's case management system. To install your product, follow the installation procedures for your product at Tech Docs.  If you have any questions or require assistance, contact Support.

Should you need any assistance in understanding these new features, or implementing this latest release, our implementation services partners can help. Please contact your local account representative for more information on how they can help. To connect, learn, and share with other customers, join and participate in our CA IDMS for z/OS Community at https://community.broadcom.com/mainframesoftware/communities/communityhomeblogs?CommunityKey=b1472505-bd98-47a6-aed7-a494d48fc3ab.

For a list of Mainframe Education courses recommended by role, please visit the Learning Paths and select the desired product. We update courses based on functional impact as well as high-demand; therefore, courses created from previous releases may apply to the current release.

Please review our End of Service / End of Life Policy within the "Working with Support" guide located here.

Thank you again for your business.

Best Regards, 

CA IDMS Product Team 

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: General Availability Announcement for CA IDMS for z/OS 19.0 S1912

Posted Mar 23, 2020 04:42 AM
    Hello Sheila, I hope you are fine !
    There seems to be a broken link in the New Features section on Tech Docs (Using Zowe CLI with CA IDMS).  This seems to be a very interesting feature and I would like to read more about this to see if this is something I can put to use (once we are on 19.0).
    Many thanks, take care,
    Luc Hermans

• 3.  RE: General Availability Announcement for CA IDMS for z/OS 19.0 S1912

Posted Mar 24, 2020 11:25 AM
    The Service Update does not appear in CSM for ourselves. I take it if I apply all maintenance on my 19.0 install it will bring me up to this service update ? 
    Thanks

• 4.  RE: General Availability Announcement for CA IDMS for z/OS 19.0 S1912

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 24, 2020 11:49 AM

Dear Andrew,

To get the new package into MSM right click on the release 19.0 and run Update Product Release 

For Example: 
    image.png

This will download the new product package along with all of the available maintenance up to the current date.

If you have any questions, please let me know and I will open a case and work with you to resolve. 

Thanks and best regards,
    jb

--

• 5.  RE: General Availability Announcement for CA IDMS for z/OS 19.0 S1912

Posted Mar 25, 2020 06:34 AM
    Hi Jennifer , I tried that but it doesn't work. I think I raised an issue when I first installed 19.0 regarding the same,  I didn't get a resolution was just told to install all maintenance.

• 6.  RE: General Availability Announcement for CA IDMS for z/OS 19.0 S1912

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 25, 2020 09:38 AM
    Dear Andrew,

I opened case: #31814305  

Alas a few people have had similar issues, but I can tell you how to correct.
    The problem stems from there being old versions of the product name that do not match your site entitlement that need to be cleaned up.
    I will communicate to you from the case the instructions to resolve. 

Sorry for the trouble, it is not hard to resolve just a few manual steps.
    I'll write a KD to go with our case.

Thanks and best regards,
    jb

------------------------------
    Sr. Support Engineer
    IDMS, MSM & MRI (Mainframe Resource Intelligence)

• 7.  RE: General Availability Announcement for CA IDMS for z/OS 19.0 S1912

Posted Mar 26, 2020 05:34 AM
    Thanks Jennifer.

• 8.  RE: General Availability Announcement for CA IDMS for z/OS 19.0 S1912

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 24, 2020 04:58 PM
    Edited by Nakesha Newbury Mar 24, 2020 04:59 PM
    Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.  Try this link instead:  https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-mainframe-software/database-management/ca-idms/19-0/using/Integration-with-Zowe-CLI.html

CA IDMS can be used with the Brightside/Zowe CLI to simplify or automate IDMS tasks and commands.  In addition to this offering, we are also working on a REST API to ease the management and monitoring of IDMS databases.  We are also in development of an IDMS Zowe CLI plugin.  To learn more, I'd suggest you consider joining our "Customer Validation Program".  Enrollment is free and participation is voluntary.  We hold monthly calls and post new feature APARs for customers to download and test.  Please let me know if you'd like to discuss further.

To enroll, please visit - validate.broadcom.com/caidms

Best Regards,
    Nakesha Newbury
    Product Owner, CA IDMS

Sr. Product Owner, CA IDMS
    Broadcom

• 9.  RE: General Availability Announcement for CA IDMS for z/OS 19.0 S1912

Posted Mar 25, 2020 03:59 AM
    Thank you Nakesha, it's good to read that IDMS is keeping up with these modern technologies.  Sounds interesting, that REST interface, and looking forward to future announcements on this matter !
    Take care,
    Luc H