Broadcom Customer Care

View Only
  • 1.  Support Portal Login Loop

Posted Jun 03, 2020 07:10 AM
    Broadcom.

Others, and myself, have reported to you repeatedly that the login to community, and support portal, when using a deep link loops back to www.broadcom.com under certain circumstances.

You have effectively begun ignoring customer complaints recently.

The last 20 minutes, I am trying to update a support case (with a link from the email). With the company-mandated IE 11, that went as follows:

• accept cookie warning
    • login
    • 2FA with email code, and the box that you once had changed AGAIN says "remember me for 15 minutes"
    • bounced back to broadcom.com
    • an endless repeat of accepting cookie warning, redirect, login anew, and being bounced back to broadcom.com

So I tried the only other browser available to me right now (mandated Citrix session): Firefox. That went as follows:

• login
    • 2FA with email code
    • bounced back to broadcom.com
    • an endless repeat of login anew and being bounced back to broadcom.com
    A working support portal is part of your contractual obligations, and if you consistently hamper and change functionalities beyond what is a reasonably accepted working industry standard, that creates tension. No other website with an account requirement I know of has such an extensive history of near constant failures by far.

I humbly suggest you stop ignoring your customer's complaints, simplify your out-of-control system if that's what it takes and/or stop messing about with it (if that is what should be happening) to let it stabilize for some time, and get your offerings to a state that at least works without being perceived as a disgrace most of the time.

Sincerely.

• 2.  RE: Support Portal Login Loop

Posted Jun 03, 2020 08:12 AM
    Edited by Carsten Schmitz Jun 03, 2020 08:13 AM
    ​Additionally, support.broadcom.com now displays an endless loading animation in the current Windows 10 IE.

I retested this from a personal device, which has a plain Windows 10 Pro with absolutely no Group Policies or anything else applied, no plugins, and the plainest standard settings (since on my personal devices, I wouldn't touch IE with a ten foot pole except for occational tests such as this).

------------------------------
    # signature.sh --verbose=[true|false]
    # no configurables beyond this point, only signature

Using the slide show widget for posting individual images is wrong. Please use the "insert image" button in the editor.

Did you know? I will NOT respond to PM asking for help unless there's an actual reason to keep the discussion off of the public forums!

"Efficient Solutions Monthly Magazine" says: These contain very good advise on asking good questions. No, you do not need StackExchange for Automic, but asking questions the right way never hurts:

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

• 3.  RE: Support Portal Login Loop

Posted Jun 04, 2020 03:01 AM
    My experience is the same and it is indeed very annoying. Pls prioritize and get it fixed asap.

Thanks in advance!

/Keld.

• 4.  RE: Support Portal Login Loop

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2020 03:23 AM
    Hi All, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. We have notified the IT team already about the issue and they are actively working on it.  In the meantime, any users facing issues logging to support portal can use the following link to login and access your case management. 
    Link: https://support.broadcom.com/user 

Hope this helps!

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: Support Portal Login Loop

Posted Jun 04, 2020 05:39 AM
    ​Hi @Heena Tabassum.

Is your IT department also looking into the second thing I reported in this thread? Because that's also still ongoing.

Thanks.

• 6.  RE: Support Portal Login Loop

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2020 07:39 AM
    Hi Carsten Schmitz,

Regarding - ​Additionally, support.broadcom.com now displays an endless loading animation in the current Windows 10 IE. 

I can forward it to the IT team but wanted to know if you are experiencing the same issue using a different browser(Recommended is Chrome)?

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Broadcom

• 7.  RE: Support Portal Login Loop

Posted Jun 04, 2020 07:52 AM
    Hi @Heena Tabassum.

No I'm not. This is purely an IE11 issue at this time.

However​​, myself and multiple people from other clients have already repeatedly pointed out that IE is the mandated browser in many companies. I don't like IE either, but it's like this: While I can use other browsers (though partly only by breaking company policy or creating security issues), every link I click in an email or document opens in IE11 and the company won't, or won't let me, change that. And copying and pasting every link into an alternate browser, next to the aforementioned dangers, just isn't very satisfying.

This is an unfortunate reality in many companies I hear, and in my humble opinion large corporations should cater to this at least with the non-optional resources such as support portals. Or, you know, alternatively make an unmistakable statement that a certain browser isn't supported instead of just recommendations, so I can at least use that as an argument to try to change company policy.

Best regards.

• 8.  RE: Support Portal Login Loop

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 08, 2020 09:16 AM
    Hi Carsten Schmitz

I have to create a ticket with the IT team. I sent you an email privately for more details.

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Broadcom