CA 7 Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  CA 7 Web Client - Mobile browser compatibility / Mobile App

Posted Feb 14, 2020 02:45 AM
    Hi,

I was not sure if this is a discussion point or an idea so I had posted it as an idea 2 days back under Ideation section but not sure how it works like if someone looks at it or what happens next once an idea is posted there hence I am raising it again as a discussion point here too.

Please see the details of what I have posted about it by clicking on the link below.

https://community.broadcom.com/participate/ideation-home/viewidea?IdeationKey=21b1d06d-7b6e-45a1-8549-2462793c500a

• 2.  RE: CA 7 Web Client - Mobile browser compatibility / Mobile App

Posted Feb 14, 2020 11:32 AM
    I'm pretty sure that when you put something in Ideation that it does NOT send out a message to say, all the CA7 users..  or even have the capacity to notify us if we want to be notified.    I think I remember a post in the water cooler complaining about that fact.   So....  I would have never known you posted something there unless I went and manually looked at the ideation board.   (if I'm wrong, please someone tell me how I can get notifications).    We have just been opening our web Client to programmers for them to be able to look and get flow charts etc., and since I'm having to teach them, I'm always looking for things pertaining to Web Client.   Knowledge is power.

------------------------------
    RenateLynn Edwards
    Workload Automation Administrator CA7/CA11/CA1
    Security Service Federal Credit Union
    Texas

• 3.  RE: CA 7 Web Client - Mobile browser compatibility / Mobile App

Community Manager
    Posted Feb 14, 2020 12:45 PM
    You are correct, @RenateLynn Edwards -- this version of ideation doesn't notify upon posting. Our vendor is working on making that change, however.

Lenn Thompson
    Community Manager, Mainframe Division
    Broadcom Inc.
    lenn.thompson@broadcom.com

• 4.  RE: CA 7 Web Client - Mobile browser compatibility / Mobile App

Posted Feb 15, 2020 01:59 AM
    Thank you for your replies RenateLynn & Lenn.

Until the auto notification issue on Ideation portal is fixed, can some one forwarded it manually to concerned team?

I also have couple of issues to be reported related to Web Client functionalities around selection of jobs across pages and Flow view related.,When I raised a case to fix the selection of jobs on multiple pages (case #20311176), I was asked to submit it again as an Idea in Ideation portal.​ 

Having more than one Idea (new feature/enhancement/issue), I am curious how I get traction on those hence checking if an Idea can be forwarded manually to concerned team.

• 5.  RE: CA 7 Web Client - Mobile browser compatibility / Mobile App

Posted Mar 09, 2020 04:07 PM
    sorry this message got lost in my inbox and when I was cleaning it up today I saw it.   so...….   I personally think that anyone that posts an idea on the Ideation portal should also post a discussion post on what ever message board they use, i.e. in this case it would be in CA7-Web Client or just CA7.  I think that is the only way people are gonna know you posted an idea (since most of us don't go browsing there very often).  There are a few things I need to post on here too but I've just been so busy so far this year.   You know this "do more with less" mentality has me hopping like a little bunny  *giggle.

RenateLynn Edwards
    Workload Automation Administrator CA7/CA11/CA1
    Security Service Federal Credit Union
    Texas