NetMaster

View Only
  • 1.  SOLVE SSIDB DD Statement Missing

Posted Aug 03, 2016 12:42 PM

I am setting up the SOLVESSI for CA-OPS 12.2. I ran through the utility to set up the JCL and am at the point where I am ready to start it up. I started the task and got a message that the SSIDB DD was missing:

IEC130I SSIDB    DD STATEMENT MISSING

I checked the JCL and sure enough there was no SSIDB DD.

//SOLVESSI EXEC

//

//STEPLIB DD

//

//NMDRVCTL DD

//

I did some research and I cannot find any reference to the SSIDB DD in the OPS Manuals nor could I find a sample SOLVE task to reference. I came across the SOLVE guide which does mention the SSIDB but only so far as it explains what it does and what it is used for. This gave me a clue so I looked for an SSIDB data set and found one from my previous install of CA-OPS 12.1. I never did complete set up of the SOLVE SSI for OPS 12.1 so I am thinking that this SSIDB data set probably isn't the best one to use, however I must have created it somehow. My guess is the Install Utility created it but after running the Install Utility this time there is no SSIDB data set.

What I am wondering is how the data set is normally created and did I miss a step somewhere?

• 2.  Re: SOLVE SSIDB DD Statement Missing

Posted Aug 03, 2016 12:57 PM

UPDATE: After doing some digging I found the old JCL from when I started setting up the SOLVE SSI in OPS 12.1. One of the members that the Install Utility created, S01SSIAL, has the code for creating the SSIDB VSAM data set in it so this is how it should have been created this time. However, this time that same member had an IEFBR14 step in it instead. I ran through the steps again to create a SOLVE region to see if I missed anything but nothing jumped out at me so now my question is, why didn't the Install Utility create an allocation for the VSAM file this time around?

• 3.  Re: SOLVE SSIDB DD Statement Missing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2016 02:46 PM

Hello Travis,

An issue might be a better place for your question.

I ran through the 12.2 OPSWEB install and like you, a SSIDB was not created.

I'm wondering if you are running the 12.2 SOLVE exec.

Let me open up an issue in order for you to send in the complete SSI STC and drive it that way.

Can you send me you site information at gilke04@ca.com?

Thanks,

Kevin

• 4.  Re: SOLVE SSIDB DD Statement Missing

Posted Aug 03, 2016 03:14 PM

I can open a ticket for you, is there anything special I should mention or specific information you need?

• 5.  Re: SOLVE SSIDB DD Statement Missing

Posted Aug 03, 2016 02:46 PM

Hello Travis,

I have done myself multiple installations of CA OPS/MVS WebCenter at different releases and the resultig SOLVESSI region never had a need for a SSIDB DD name as yours is calling for. I have reached out one of our Netmaster technicians and they confirmed my readings. This discussion will be move from our CA OPS/MVS forum to another one where an answer can be provided to you.

Regards, Cesar

• 6.  Re: SOLVE SSIDB DD Statement Missing
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2016 03:50 PM

Hello Travis,

It appears that the packet analyzer SSI parameter has been improperly set?

CA OPS/MVS doesn't utilize the packet analyzer so the following SSI parm needs to be set:

PKTANALYZER=NO

When PKTANALYZER=NO is specified there is no requirement for the SSIDB DSN and the region should initialize.

If the NMSSI region is communicating with a NetMaster for TCPIP region then PKTANALYZER=YES is required.

Thanks,

Steve

• 7.  Re: SOLVE SSIDB DD Statement Missing

Posted Aug 03, 2016 04:00 PM

I changed the parm and it worked. The task is now up and running with no errors. All of those parms were set straight out of the Install Utility. Thanks for your help.

• 8.  Re: SOLVE SSIDB DD Statement Missing

Posted Aug 03, 2016 05:44 PM

Travis,

Out of what library are you executing the install utility?

Cesar

• 9.  Re: SOLVE SSIDB DD Statement Missing

Posted Aug 04, 2016 09:15 AM

This one: **.OWC2.CC2DJCL(INSTALL)

From the manual: dsnpref.OWC2.CC2DJCL(INSTALL)

• 10.  Re: SOLVE SSIDB DD Statement Missing

Posted Aug 04, 2016 09:53 AM

Hello Travis,

The install utility is the same I used in our labs to install the CA OPS/MVS WebCenter feature for release 12.2.

As Steve pointed out the presence of parameter PKTANALYZER, that CA OPS/MVS does not use, is what caused the DD name to be called. I have, as you did, reviewed all the JCLs the install utility generates and this dataset is not created since it is not used. Glad all is working fine and thanks for reporting this Travis.

Regards, Cesar